Ascension Sulphuric
[html]

When the sound of the thunderous hooves reached her ears, she couldn't figure out where it came from; it seemed like everywhere, all around; the mist shrouded the galloping tones and made them indistinct, and then they faded altogether as if the animal had stopped or was moving more slowly. That was why when the animal suddenly appeared out of the mist, it scared her half to death, she'd thought it was still a distance away. It smelt like a prey animal, but it sounded enormous - and now she saw it, it was; it was a horse, of course, but it still seemed huge even for a horse. Was it going to start running again, perhaps right at her? A hand flew to her luxurious neck-fur, searching out the adornment that hung there. A gris-gris resembling package, it doubled as a sling. She liked to think of it as lucky - because what could be more lucky than always having a weapon to hand? She tightened her grasp on the leather thongs, hoping she wouldn't have to swing at the animal - and then she realised it had stopped, and there was someone on its back in the process of jumping down. Pushing back her fringe to inspect the scene before her, Caprica let out a gasp of throaty laughter, half sparked by nerves but sounding perfectly at ease, as was her way. "Boy, that's a big horse. I sure hope he doesn't wanna trample me." Maybe she should introduce herself. People rarely allowed their horses to trample those that they were acquainted with, in Caprica's limited experience. "So I'm Caprica. Anathema. Have you come far?" She was watching him intently to see how he reacted to her pack's name. She still didn't really know how the neighbours thought of the clan she had only recently joined.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread