Ascension Sulphuric
[html]

Now she looked harder at the horse, she had no idea how she had ever worried or wanted to hurt him to protect herself. The huge beast awed Caprica. Her eyes glimmered admiringly. It was hard to see in the mist, but she was glad they'd stumbled across her. It was a pleasant sight, the big horse and his friendly green-eyed rider. "Yeah, you really took me by surprise comin' out of nowhere like that!" she explained. The pack name was completely unfamiliar, or had Naniko mentioned it in passing? Either way, she didn't know anything about it, and certainly didn't know it had been formed from the ashes of her old Phoenix Valley home. "Uh huh, well that's nice, I guess we're neighbours," she observed with a smile. "I'm just exploring - I'm new round here too!" Just then her stomach gave a spasm and she tasted sulphur. She screwed up her face in disgust; that water really hadn't agreed with her. She hoped she wasn't about to spew in front of her new acquaintance. If only there was some clean water around to take the taste away, she thought ruefully. Maybe if she asked nicely she would be able to hitch a ride to somewhere with a sweeter spring. "Geez, that tastes horrible," was all she could think of to say, not quite knowing how to tactfully broach the subject of making a speedy exit, on her own legs if need be, to find somewhere else to drink.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread