Do You See What I See
Tal had stood back once he'd exited the caravan, feeling suddenly shy. Others came, others watched and spoke to them. Tal shifted his sack now devoid of books, dried herbs, and crystals, then spoke up. "I'm Tal...I brought some books and herbs. I have some crystals too." His gaze peered over the others from the pack, uncertain of himself. He wasn't sure if he actually had anything they would need, but he'd let them know what he had anyways.

After speaking, he fell silent again, watching and waiting. If they wanted to see what he'd brought, they could ask about them. He rearranged a pile of dried lavender that he'd picked in June. The stems were tied with a short length of blue string, as were the other herbs he'd brought from his personal collection. He'd replant others in the communal garden later in the fall, so they would be ready in spring for the pack to use. Others made sweet smelling satchels and the like from it. He sometimes used it in ointments to disguise the stronger smell of other herbs.

He restraightened the assorted polished crystals, feeling antsy. What if no one wnated his goods? Or what if they didn't have something he wanted? he wanted to give Sky a gift, something beautiful and useful to her. He shuffled his feet nervously, hearing one of the males make a suggestion to another male.

Messages In This Thread