Frozen in the headlights
[html]
WC: 500+
I hear Kiki just picked up Titania, so you're welcome here if you want to play her in this thread. Otherwise we'll keep her generically playing. Shaw feel free to control/NPC Juliet at all if you want to.

Some part of Orin hurt for not joining in the reunion. How great it would be to roll about in the shopping square of Thornbury with her friend and their children, as carefree as the days of old, but something kept her back. It was clear why she had changed, but a part of her knew that if Shawchert extended the invitation, she would join. There was a new awkwardness between them now as Orin’s guilt took hold and constructed an invisible barrier between her and Shawchert. Her eyes flicked away from the man and focused on the squirming pups.

‘I can't begin to say how good it is to see you and the girls both alive…’ Purely by accident, Shawchert summoned the thoughts looming in the backs of both their minds. But the worst part wasn’t the memories; those she had dealt with, and was prepared for. It was the sudden pang of sadness for Shawchert that struck her now. She had taken his children from him during a time he needed all of them the most. Orin had been alone, but Shawchert may have been even more lost than even she.

“Luckily, we stayed a few steps ahead of him. But not from every evil out there,” she shook her head softly, and her eyes glazed over for a moment as she worked to cast out the image of another shadowy devil-wolf. This wasn’t the time nor the place to tell Shawchert… if she ever would. “Our daughters are truly blessed, though. They were weak, and I thought for sure Titania’s fate was sealed. She was sick; she’s still a bit smaller than her sister and I think that’s why. But she’s as strong and healthy as an ox now.”

She smiled, and her eyes returned to Shawchert. She raised a hand to brush a wisp of choppy blond bangs from her face, tucked them back under the hood, and as she did so the sleeve slipped back from the cloak revealing the angry pink scar on her forearm. The fur was growing over it, and in time the skin would soften and the scar would be difficult to see, but for now it was a dominant marking on the woman’s body.

“I know he was killed,” she added. “We finally took shelter in Phoenix Valley. Tala found us the moment I was ready to give up. She gave us a safe place to live.” Her eyes flashed as though she was trying to guess his next thoughts. “But before you get angry at the Valley for not telling you I was there, let me add that they did not know who I was. I gave them a fake name and identity.”

Her eyes turned back to Juliet. This was why the girl did not call herself a Takekuro. Orin tried to preserve their sanity in the midst of losing her own, and had not wanted to confuse them with the name. They would learn and choose their own in time.

“I met the person who killed Ar… Argul.” Her voice was filled with false bravado, and she pretended to not notice that she had stumbled on the name. “I know he is gone. I saw the proof.”

<style>
.orinflamingos p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.orinflamingos b {color:#E27196; font-size:12px;}
.orinflamingos {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7E93AC; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:480px; background-color:#E1E7EE; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #6D85A1; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /orin2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:230px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread