Bouncing through the greenwood [p]
OOC: Sorry, but I dislike having to copy tables without a mouse, so I shall pretty all my posts when I get back from vacation ^^ By the way, kudos on your word count: it's incredible :O

Although Noss did not hear the girl whisper to the horse from where he was currently in the stables, he did hear her loud giggle. Ralla had often laughed like that, too, when she was young, and he mused that his sister was perhaps the only 'girly girl' that he had ever been able to withstand without a hitch. To his surprise--although he supposed he shouldn't be that surprised, since children were naturally curious--the little female peeked her head around to peer at him. He caught her gaze with his own pale yellow eyes and quirked an eyebrow at her, he himself wondering why she seemed to take an interest in him. Most would avoid the male just because he didn't exactly exude 'friendliness', but there were the occasional few that were brave enough to venture near him. It just so happened that this pup was the same.

"Taking care of Taima," he said bluntly as he began to wash the draft horse. The girl seemed very candid as she watched them, but what was he supposed to say? If he shooed her away in his normal Noss fashion, she would surely be upset--and he didn't know any other way, besides. But just letting her silently watch as he made sure all the sweat was washed from Taima's back was getting a little awkward for the man, so when he finally put the cloth into the bucket and dried his hands, he turned his attention back to her. "Kid, I dunno who you are or what you want, so let's just get that taken care of," he offered, waiting for her explanation. In all honesty he had nothing else to do for the day, so while he had a lot of time to spare, he didn't exactly see himself spending it with a little girl trailing him over all creation.

Warrior walks. "Warrior talks." Warrior thinks.

Messages In This Thread