The Fire that Fills Us with Passion will Never Die
[html]

Ralla sighed and quirked her head to the side as if she were truly considering and weighing the options. "Nothing now," she said, knowing how this must sound to her spitfire daughter. "Sometimes, even if it hurts us, it is better to be patient and wait. Moving too early can set off bad repercussions that...that we can't afford." Those repercussions, of course, going as far as death itself.

Ralla giggled at the suggestion. "That's a marvelous idea, actually. I'll give it a go...but maybe without 'pushing' her in. And don't purposefully do it--I have enough trouble getting your brothers cleaned every time they get home." Which was complete truth. The subject once again turned dark, and the white mother could feel the pain in her child and tribe--how much those words rang true, even if, in reality, they were not. "No one does, sweetheart. And it's natural for us to feel this way. Pack law says that the strong lead, and if our leader defers, so must we." It was just the natural order of things, that. "But this new leader...well, I'm sure you know what I think of him. But as I said before, it is best to sit and wait for now. It is not our place--and no longer mine--to make such decisions, and it is now our duty to follow pack law. But I can promise you this, at least: We will soon see who the pack will choose to follow." That message was more cryptic than perhaps it sounded. In truth, even though the strong did lead a pack and pack law dictated obedience, it was the pack itself that chose its leader. While saying who they chose was one thing, acting upon it--and thereby affirming the choice in stone--was a different thing entirely. Ralla had plans to do the latter.

She need only wait, and be patient.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread