Sanctuary
[html]
Out of Character

In Character

The girl was so engrossed in her task that she didn't notice the other's approach. The lands around Cerne Rise had a concentration of scents that were growing more familiar to her with each passing day, so Wretch didn't take notice as one became even stronger. The hybrid bent in her chair, working at digging around the flower of her choice. She had the plant dug up and sitting on her lap by the time she noticed Eclipse.

She had no time to prepare herself mentally for interaction, and simply stared back at her when she asked the question question. What should she say to that? Saul, Nayru, and Gideon knew the truth...but apparently the information hadn't gotten around. Wretch was glad for this; she was a weak and frail being, yes, but she didn't wish for that to broadcasted around the packlands. She felt bad enough about having to use a wheelchair or be carried without other people poking her about it.

Her own voice startled her ears, and she frowned more deeply. "I..." She didn't know what to say. Should she lie? She wasn't good at lying...but then, she hadn't had much practice at it. Maybe now was the time. Something small and easy that would appease the golden female in front of her. She'd been attacked at the borders by a larger canine named "Sal" - that was the only thing that Wretch could recall about the beast. She had known her attacker...but she didn't know exact details. "I fell."

It was a partial truth, at least. She had fallen forward when the beast had jumped onto her, and that was part of the cause of her broken leg and the scar that now marred the otherwise perfect gray fur of her muzzle. "I was...d-digging up flowers to...um...replant around Cerne R-rise." She managed, staring down at the flower in her lap.

<style>
.wretchtab-a1 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.wretchtab-a1 b {color:#171816;}
.wretchtab-a1-b {width:425px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.wretchtab-a1-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#585858; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.wretchtab-a1-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.wretchtab-a1 {background-color:#ffffff; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474844; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... retchy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread