sometimes i wish for falling
[html]

Word Count :: --- :: <3 <3

For a child named for something frightening, she was far from it. Sage had forgotten just how energetic children were. It had been so long since she'd spent longer than a moment with any child. Wraith seemed happy, excitable, and fairly normal for a girl her age; Sage wondered if the father had little to do with her upbringing, after all. Still, though; pups rightfully born on Inferni soil were coddled and easily molded to fit in with all of the rest. Talitha was surely raising her own children with that same way; they would never feel out of place here, she knew. In a way, Sage envied them.

Shaking away those upsetting thoughts, Sage brought her pleasant expression back in full force. "Oh my," she breathed, head falling back in mock fear, "you are quite scary, aren't you!" But then, just as quickly, the child's thoughts and questions turned to something more serious. Sage wasn't really prepared to discuss war with a child; her own mind had been worrying over the news of the warring in the south, but she had been trying not to think of it much. "Wars are dangerous and scary, Wraith; maybe when you're a bit older we can talk about that some more..." she trailed off, hoping that she could lead the conversation away. After a pause for thought, Sage took a quick breath and said, "They aren't all... stupid just because they're wolves, sweet one," she cooed, trying to explain it gently. "Wolves have little girl children just like you, you know. I met one once, in fact..." Maybe Sage's stories about her wolf friends could be interesting enough to keep the child from becoming another prejudiced coyote in Inferni.

<style>
.freebietable-a05 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Q2c4x.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 105px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a05 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a05 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a05 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread