Day late and a dollar short
[html]

WC: 659. You know, I found it strange so I talked to Sunny, and she said Skye definitely would have told Bangle that Orin returned.. but let's say, for all purposes of this thread, that she just forgot or he wasn't paying attention XD.

He did not pay attention to how shocked the now-blonde woman seemed to look as the coywolf ran towards her, his decorations making so many different noises it was hard not to see him coming. The coywolf stopped just short of bowling into her, embracing her fiercely like a friend he hadn't seen in a long while. In the excitement, Orin was momentarily hoisted off the ground, and when he let go of her his golden eyes sparkled, where moments ago they were but dim lights in the darkness. "Well.. that's good.. I'd miss me, too!" He quirked, a grin stretching his face from ear to ear, feeling a moment of happiness for a returned companion amidst the trouble he had been faced with.

There had been many changes in the lives between the pair that stood in the open of Thornbury, among the ashes of the firepit that he had made for their recent celebration. Orin had changed physically, much unlike him, from the now straw-colored hair to the shapely figure that returned after her pregnancy. What they did share, though, was a common heartbreak, as well as emotional changes that, for now, were put aside. Bangle found himself panting from his exertion, shaking his head at her question. "She's been busy, a'course.. pro'bly forgot!" Or it could have been the other way around, as the male's mind drifted as often as he once did across the lands.

Frantic nodding came from the male, his tongue rolling out of his mouth as he heard about the two daughters of Orin's.. and Shaw's. He briefly wondered what they looked like, but they were at least healthy and safe. A part of the coywolf knew she would return home, but never again to live in the house where the tragedy occurred. His head consciously turned in the direction that was her former bookstore, and though it still stood it seemed like a dark, creepy, and haunted mansion. There were times Bangle thought he heard noises coming from the store, as it was across his own rickety wooden shack, but it may have also been the strange noises that infiltrated his own home.

There was a mention of Treetop Terrace, where Shaw lived and now so did the rest of his family, and Orin. He knew of the place, but had been to preoccupied with his own minions, and other things, to adventure through the bridge-swinging trees. "Leave it t' a carpenter like Shaw t' make a house out'a scraps, eh?" Bangle said as he examined the woman, who looked different and yet the same to him. He turned in the direction of her waving hand, and looked back at his large oak tree. He remembered when they met, and she climbed up with him in it, and they could see all of Thornbury from it. Bangle had also mentioned the likes of a tree-fort up there, mostly for himself, but since Shaw's disappearance and the trouble within Cercatori, it was left undone.

"'Fraid I haven't 'ad much time," he said, shaking his head as he turned to look back at her. "Things've been a lil'.. hectic, since Shaw left." Though the timing couldn't have been worse, even as things slowly began to settle down and return to their former state, Bangle thought about asking Shaw to build the tree fort up there, if only for his kids. But it had become the coywolf's place of quiet thinking, a peaceful place where no one could touch him, not even the world beneath. "Been thinkin' to check Treetop Terrace m'self, after th' things I've heard 'bout it. What better place t'build a tree fort fer th' lil' rascals, eh?" The coywolf then nodded over to his own tree, which he had decided then and there would be his own place of escape. "Yeh wanna see it fer yerself? Not much 'as changed, bu yeh can still see all of Thornbury from it."

<style type="text/css">
.Bangle_instyle b {font-weight:bold; color:#2b475a; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #f5f5fa; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Bangle_instyle .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Bangle_instyle p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Bangle_instyle {margin:0px auto; width:468px; background-color:#747f68; border:2px solid #122022; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#322211; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread