Day late and a dollar short
[html]

OOC Feel free to get them up in the tree or whatever you wanna do. 700+

Something about seeing her ol’ coy-wolf friend acted like a salve to the soul. Returning to Cercatori d’Arte had been a challenge for Orin – a task that she knew was right, but that still took a lot of courage to carry out. Seeing old friends and face, rather than just the places where horrors abound, was what kept her there, what renewed her vigor.

But she didn’t miss it when Bangle’s eyes wandered to the building nearby. Yes, it was her former home. A place that she never wanted to call home again – as far as she was concerned, the space inside those walls wasn’t Cercatori’s territory, they were the Devil’s. There was a strange, haunting aura oozing from that place. Orin didn’t know if anyone else could feel it, or if she was just still a little crazy from it all. She assumed the latter. It felt like something was creeping under her fur, and she couldn’t help it when she crossed her arms over her breast and scratched gently at her arms. The place that once had been so full of life now held nothing but darkness.

She was grateful when the wily merchant’s attention moved on to other things. It took a moment for her to peel her eyes off of the book store, but with a little labor she was looking at Bangle again. “Yeah,” she tried to smile, but it was a hobbled one at best. She shook her head and started again. “Yeah, it’s a great place-” (she was referring to the Treetop Terrace) “-very beautiful, but it’s nothing but stress with the pups. They’re too young for their hands yet, so you gotta hope they don’t trip. I’ve made Shawchert install some low railings in the places we frequent so if they do take a wrong step they won’t go flying overboard. But sometimes that doesn’t even feel like enough. It’s getting there though, he’s doing a good job. Especially with all that I’ve tasked to him.” As she spoke, her mood brightened. The worry melted from her eyes, and she was beginning to push thoughts of the bookstore out of her head.

She started walking towards the old oak tree, gazing up into its branches as its shade swallowed her whole. He was right, he hadn’t really gotten anywhere on it. She felt bad for him; a tree fort would have so suited him. But she knew he and Skye had pups now, and she understood first hand that time had a funny way of getting away from you when you were a parent.

“Yeah, I hear ya,” she agreed, nodding along at the thought of the timing. “I’m afraid I’ve pretty much filled his plate as far as work goes, but I could tell him and maybe he can get around to it after he fixes up the Terrace?” Then Bangle mentioned something more about the Terrace, and her eyes lit up. “That’s a great idea! Bangle, you’re a genius! Why don’t we ask him to make a play palace in one of the trees. Then they could all use it. It’d be convenient for pup sitting too.”

She grinned, making a mental note to ask Shawchert about building a sky-scraping play area for the pups. She looked back into the oak branches, grinning. Something about this place was just so… Bangle. It wasn’t meant to be destroyed by a rag-tag bunch of rugrats… It was meant to be enjoyed by a rag-tag, crafty ‘yote man.

“Let’s go up,” she nodded, and then placed her hands against the bark. She probably could have leapt up and snagged the lowest branch and swung up, but she was Orin. When there was somebody else around to help, she was as useless as a child. She looked at Bangle, holding one foot off the ground. “Boost?”

She was looking forward to once again seeing the sights of Thornbury from Bangle’s tree. It had been so long since the first and last time the pair perched up there, staring out at the village that didn’t know they were looking back. It made her feel like a pup again. Maybe she’d feel like that this time, too. Oh, she hoped so.

<style>
.orinlizard-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.orinlizard {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.orinlizard b {color:#e9b656; font-weight:bold;}
.orinlizard {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ad9500; background-image:url(http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5581/souls68.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e3e4b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread