Day late and a dollar short
[html]

OOC 400+

“Me and trees don't have a very good history. I like them and all, but it's more likely they'll do something to me no matter how well I can climb.” she chittered as she climbed into the tree, assisted by Bangle's improvised step-boost. Of course, the last time she'd experienced a bad accident in a tree was the day she met Shawchert, when he found her dangling by her wedged ankle. She was helpless, and he rescued her. She didn't want to risk another sprained foot – which was becoming more and more possible now with all the time she spent in trees these days.

“Speaking of your heart,” she said over her shoulder as she went higher up into the tree and then settled on one of the sturdy, main branches. “I saw Skye when I first came back, she looks amazing. I wish I could say the same for myself.” She glanced down at her belly woefully – a belly that showed no lasting signs whatsoever of the children she'd carried for two months. She poked at the spot that had once been so swollen, faking a pout, and then looked back at bangle. “Okay, I guess the baby chub all went away, but something is different about Skye. She's changed a lot – for the better I'd say. Have things been very hard in d'Arte the last few months?”

She wasn't sure if the change in Skye had been out of simple hard work and determination, or if it had been forced upon the woman through necessity. Either could be possible; the leadership of the pack had suddenly and unexpectedly been thrust upon her, and she had to keep the pack in control during a strife that would have torn even the eldest of packs apart – all before d'Art was a half-year old.

Her legs fell over the side of the tree branch and she stared out at the rooftop view. She nodded in approval of the sight, even as she mulled over thoughts about Skye and the pack. “The view here is spectacular. There's only a few places in the Terrace where you get a view – mostly you just look at other trees. Branches and leaves for miles. If you go to the peak of a few of the largest trees you can see out over the forest, and on clear days you can see the sea.”

Her voice trailed off for a moment as she thought about the one time she had enough spare time to get up there an look out. It was a pity that there weren't more sights like that in the treetops. After a moment, she turned her gaze back to Bangle. “So how about you?” She poked him and grinned mischievously. “How do you like being Daddy Bangle now?”

<style>
.orinlizard-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.orinlizard {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.orinlizard b {color:#e9b656; font-weight:bold;}
.orinlizard {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ad9500; background-image:url(http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5581/souls68.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e3e4b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread