I Refuse This Poison
OOC: People can still join, although I would prefer non-Guardians. I kinda pp-ed them all to Grandfather's Tears >_> GO DAWALI'S ARMY!

Stupidly, she should've known that at least one of her children would've heard her howl and investigated, but making the call from elsewhere out of the village would've been more suspicious, and a Guardian would've certainly come and discovered the odd meeting. As it was, when everyone was gathered, they would move immediately elsewhere to ensure safety. "Ayasha," she answered, picking up her arm to hold Ayasha around the shoulders as she sat beside her. "You should not be up, I--" The mother was promptly cut off as her call was answered by the thundering of two wolves who entered into the firelight. Indeed, they cut an intimidating silhouette, the father and daughter in secui form. Ralla greeted them in turn, happy that she had Leon there, at least. She knew full well his views on Maska, and could see just how angry he was at the recent events. Trustworthy and dependable as this made him for what she had called for, it also made him a liability should he be too hasty. But Ralla had learned to trust the Austral men better than that.

Soon more came, and Ralla greeted them all in turn: Saxif, Shiloh, J'adore, and Luna. J'adore, despite his previous actions and reservations about the new leadership, the mother knew to be trustworthy, and that he did not agree with these changes. Luna, although she had never formally met the other wolf, she knew to be a part of the tribe, and one of a quiet, diligent soul. Yet however much Ralla wanted to explain to them right there why she called, she could not. Nootau, perched in the trees, was restless where they were, and the possibility of one of the Guardians' spirits watching them was also high. Looking down as Ayasha, Ralla decided better against telling her to stay, knowing that it would be useless to do so. Besides, she was technically a full-grown member of the tribe anyway, just as Analise was; holding her back would be unrighteous. "We cannot speak here," Ralla said lowly, beginning to walk south. Looking back, she beckoned the gathered with her, although quietly. The fire let to burn out, as immediately putting it out with so many would be more suspicious. It was all very, very dangerous.

Silently they ran in the darkness, the thin crescent moon the only light and the light footfalls their only sound as they went. Grandfather's Tears was in view now, and Nootau chirruped that no Guardian or Guardian's spirit guide was about or following. Together they went to the edge of one of the springs, where the spirits of the past tribe who had perished in the winter slumbered soundly in the summer night. Fireflies flickered beautifully--the sight that Ralla had so wished to see and experience--about them like floating lanterns, and underneath the full leaves of an oak tree Ralla turned to face the gathered, however few. "We all know of Maska and his deeds that he has done," she started, her voice quiet in the night so that only those in the cover of the trees could hear. Forest green eyes sought out her tribe members, and she wondered just what right she had to put them in such danger. But they had answered, and had thus put up that they felt the same as she, for there was no mistake as to the reason of her sudden call. "We all know that his claims against Dawali cannot be true. Dawali has led us true and well for as long as any of us have been here, and nothing had told us otherwise until Maska came." This was likely truest in all their hearts; Dawali had been their anchor and guide whenever there was trouble, and had never led them astray. He was kind and just, and would never commit half the atrocities in his whole life that Maska had in a short month. "I no longer have the right to lead you all as I had before, but I cannot stand idly by and watch this all happen. And things will only get worse," she said with a pointed look to Leon, emphasizing what she had shared with him of her vision. "I know that Dawali has not completely submitted to Maska's rule, no matter how he may insist he has. But for his sake, we can't show any uprising--not yet. There are too many Guardians to combat, and I...I fear for us all." This was true as well; Ralla could not stand to see anyone else hurt because of the Galonv Adagatiyas and Maska's twisted reign, and to ensure that...she would do whatever necessary. "I know it is wrong, but we must do as we are told for now. But I will ask you this: If you believe in Dawali and our home, will you follow me again? I will not blame you if you refuse, but I ask that all I have said and all I will say to be kept a secret. Because I promise you, I will do whatever necessary to see our home returned." This was probably the first time Ralla had ever gone against the rule of power, and it startled even her. But she would not let her vision come to pass its full course, and she would not let her children grow under such a withering leader.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

Messages In This Thread