I Refuse This Poison
OOC: I love you, Rose. We should all post that thing in our profiles XD Oh wait, can we!? :O PP was discussed with Tammi <3

Ralla was encouraged by her daughter's support and words, even if she could sense the rebelliousness underneath. In a sense, that rebellion was valued, now, and the woman placed a hand thankfully around her daughter's shoulders, her fingers playing with the ends of the braids that hung from the white girl's head. "Wado, Ayasha," Ralla whispered gratefully to her daughter, the heartbeat calming a little from earlier tension. However, they were not done, and soon the tension built back up--both good and bad. From a short distance Ralla saw Claudius join them, although Nootau gave her a look that assured her that no threats were near. She nodded to him, glad that the quiet man could make it, at least. While not outspoken or as passionate as Leon, he held his own love for the tribe.

Leon's words, as she expected, were strong and brave. But also foolhardy. However courageous and goodhearted the intentions were, Ralla knew that if Leon were ever to attempt murder, there would be dire consequences--those that not even she could shield him from. But she let him speak, as was his right, and nodded thankfully at his support. Next was Shiloh, who gave Ralla more encouragement and made her believe in the old tribe and the loyalty that they all still had, and it made her heart swell. Even J'adore, who was wise and played life cunningly like a chess game, stepped forward and gave his allegiance. Had Dawali been there, he would've been so proud to see his tribe rise to the occasion. Still she let them speak amongst themselves, if not just to hear them out. Dawali had taught her that a true leader listened to his people, and she hoped that if he saw them now he would feel just what she felt; pride, kinship, and the duty to act. However...

"We cannot act rashly," she interjected, fearing that if she let it go on for much longer they would be too riled by the prospect of victory. "We must be under no illusions: These Guardians are trained to kill and protect, and will not hesitate to do the same to you in the name of duty. Unlike them, we can't claim that right, and the punishment is death for murder." Many of them should know this, especially those who had recently dealt with the law. "The Galonv Adagatiyas are a group of warriors trained in the most deadly of the arts--sometimes more than even those in the warrior path. We can't mistake ourselves thinking that we can take them on alone." From there she nodded to J'adore, who brought up some valid points. "Yes, we must be careful. And I will say right now that where we are is too dangerous to meet regularly, but we can discuss that later. But think of this before any of you think of the chance to win this war soon; we are no good to Dawali alone or dead." Such words were harsh, but she hoped that it would drive the point home to those who would wish to act in such a manner; it would save their lives should they listen.

"I concur," said Nootau, the barn owl swooping down to perch on a lower branch as he answered Ptitsa's question. It was rare for the spirit guide to speak in public, much less speak at all, unless in a sarcastic or blunt tone. But he was fully serious now, and having support from the spirits themselves boosted Ralla's morale by miles; she hoped it did the same for those gathered. "Maska Ahote is hiding something. We who are spirit guides defer to the Great Spirit, and we have not heard such dissent in our realm. There is a greater plan here than just what he claims as Chief Aatau's orders." Being a spirit guide, Ralla had the feeling that both spirits could've enlightened them more to the situation, but she knew the ancient laws and codes; a spirit guide must guide. and not make the decisions for his or her charge. Their duty, alone, was to try and steer their charges to the paths destined for them.

"You are right, Saxif; this struggle can be won first by cunning. I cannot, however, guarantee that there will not be battle later." The white woman looked back out to the wolves, her forest green eyes stern. "Saxif's tactic is wise; not all of the new Guardians share the same sentiment as the first few who came with Maska, and it would be prudent for us to weed those out. We can't expect them to disobey their orders or act apart from their duties, though, and we cannot let on to our true intentions. But I want you all the keep this all in mind as well; we cannot kill them." She knew that such a statement seemed counter-productive and against their goal, but she would not have their hands bloodstained in such a manner. "I will not allow you all to sink to their level, as we all know death is not far from Maska's mind. Blood on your hands is heavy, and although I feel there will be much heartache and fighting, it is the AniWayan way of peace and honor. They can be made to submit." The night was growing old, and it would soon be too late for anyone to keep a cool enough head for such talk. "We have recently expanded our territory to the north, and so much of it is unexplored and devoid of Guardian numbers. I suggest we meet there next time I send out a call--we can all go to the cliffs, where the ocean waves will drown out any talk we may do there from prying ears. Until then, you should all practice with some sort of weapon or fighting style. If anyone asks, you are training yourself for Maska's use. More than I anything, I pray for you all to keep safe. The Great Fire burns for us always, and the spirits have not forsaken us. Wado, everyone."

With that, Ralla nodded to the tribes people and stepped down, shepherding Ayasha with her. As she looked out to them all, she saw the values of the tribe they loved glow from within them, and saw the basis of their loyalties. Leon and Analise; the fierce and brave. J'adore and Saxif; the wise and cunning. Shiloh, Claudius, and Luna; the dutiful and kind. Ayasha and herself; the loving and determined. Together they all represented only a small portion of what AniWaya was supposed to be, and what would be again.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

Messages In This Thread