It's a brand new day.
[html]

Word Count: 406

<3 I already love my Uncle Saul. Big Grin

The world seemed quieter around her, because she was so far inside of herself that she perceived very little of what was happening around her. She moved slightly on occasion, to adjust for the discomfort of muscles in one position too long or because of something poking into her. Other than that, though, the Soul female was blending in rather completely with her surroundings. Truly becoming as much "a one with nature" as she could before she died. When that happened, her body would be returned to the earth, and she would truly be a part of nature. Worms would feed on her, she would decompose and become nothing but bones in the ground. Eventually, too, the bones would disintegrate until there was nothing left of what had been Melee Soul. Which wasn't morbid to her - it was life, and it was beautiful.

So it was that she almost missed the sound of her uncle's approach. Even in her tranquil state, though, the girl couldn't miss the sound of paws beating against the ground for too long. Her ears twitched and she half-turned to see who was approaching right as he almost collided with her. Melee ducked a bit, trying to shield herself from the majority of the impending blow. It didn't come, though, for which she was relieved. Saul managed to bring himself up short. He did fall, but at least he didn't fall on top of her. The younger wolf blinked to clear her thoughts, then grinned toothily at her uncle. Amused at the mud that covered him now and the cheery expression that he had. In this way - though they weren't blood related - she and Saul were all too similar. It went to show that nurture won out over nature.

At his comment, she laughed and leaned over to nip affectionately at his cheek. A familiar, sweet gesture of greeting for a favorite family member. One that she hadn't been able to give on her father's marriage day because of the formality of the occasion. "I was just enjoying the rainfall until I nearly got trampled. What's got you in such a hurry?" she inquired, her bi-toned eyes curious. Though she figured he might just be enjoying the rain like her; perhaps he really had nowhere to go and nothing to see. Melee secretly hoped so, because snagging some alone time with Uncle Saul would make her day even better.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread