You're my storm cloud.
[html]

Word Count: 514

The brush of his fingers against her fur made the girl's skin tingle, her head canting slightly to the side almost shyly. It wasn't that she was consciously hiding her face, but the touch sent electricity shooting unexpectedly through her. Her heart was beating faster, a thump thump thump rhythm against her chest instead of the steady thump thump pause thump thump that it usually made. His words were almost lost in the sound of her heartbeat in her ears. Surely it wasn't as loud to him as it was to her, but she wondered if he could sense the heightened rate of her pulse. They were predators, after all, she wouldn't be surprised if he could see the way that her heart rate had skyrocketed at his touch. Her response to his words were a tad delayed, but it was still present. "I sure hope so. At least you'll be teaching me." by which she meant at least she would get to spend time with him. That was a positive thing, even if it ended up she couldn't draw maps well.

The conversation about her father's wedding had certainly slowed her pulse back to normal. His words were comforting and he didn't seem to think that she was foolish for what she had felt. That helped to soothe her nerves somewhat, at least. When he lifted her chin, her heart sparked briefly at the touch again, though her pulse seemed to maintain its regular pace after that jolt. Her mismatched gaze met his own, though she felt like she shouldn't be looking into his eyes. Wolves in general had a bit of a concern about when their gazes locked. However, Scorpius and Melee were equals. So she allowed her chin to remain settled for the moment against his fingers. Her bright gaze locked on his, her lips curving slightly in an appreciative smile. "You're right. I'll try to tell him. I just need to get him alone. I don't want to hurt Nayru's feelings or my dad's. I'm sure it will turn out alright." she remarked, moving her head to lick appreciatively at his cheek.

When he pulled away from her, she was disappointed. The absence of his fur and warmth alongside her was missed. As the girl noticed what he was doing though, she lowered herself onto the ground. She didn't want to be in a different form from her friend, so she immediately started to focus on shifting into her lupus form as well. By the time she had finished shifting, he had been done for a moment. She raised her ears expectantly, interested by his plan. He had the advantage in their current form, because he didn't have a messed up paw. However, she had always had her paw like that. So she supposed it wasn't really a disadvantage. "As long as you aren't scared to be outpaced by a girl with a deformed paw." she teased, her eyes light and her tail wagging. Hoping her friend wouldn't take her jesting pride negatively. That was just Melee's sense of humor.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread