Colors across the sky.
[html]

Word Count: 525

Melee was trying not to take out her inner turmoil on Nayru. Deep down, some part of her really associated Nayru most closely with the term "mother" anyway. She just had some self-inflicted problems to deal with now that the union was official. It was a fear of being left behind, more than anything else. The girl was afraid that Gideon and Nayru - now that they were united as mates - would decide that they had no need anymore for Melee and Range. This fear was irrational, but that made it no less present inside of her. It didn't seem to her that Range had the same fears; he was as carefree as he always had been. In fact, he had seemed almost pleased by Nayru joining their little family group as a member. It was just a matter of time before Melee felt the same way. Time would certainly fix these feelings until she scarcely remembered them.

It was actually... nice, though, to sit there with Nayru and watch the sun set. Slowly, it sank behind the horizon line until it was nothing but darkness. Normally she was afraid of the dark, but it wasn't as scary with Nayru at her side. Besides, the stars were still scattered across the heavens and they lent at least some light to the packlands. The moon was beaming down on them, too, and she looked up at the sky with a smile. It had been a good day and she felt that it would be a good night, too, although not exactly what she had expected. She jumped slightly when Nayru spoke softly, because she had been so absorbed in the silence. Although she was usually energetic and couldn't sit still, she had her moments of tranquility. "Mostly gathering seeds, learning more about forecasting... I really want to be the Guan Han when I have earned my rank. Otherwise, I guess just the usual stuff. Sleep, eat, run... that kind of thing." she said, just speaking her mind. Which was what she usually did, sometimes to her detriment. Sadly, the one time she really should have at least tried to talk about her feelings (the situation with Nayru and Gideon), she seemed incapable of doing so.

The tension still felt palpable, taut on the air. Maybe she should talk about it with Nayru... perhaps her fears of what would happen were unfounded. In fact, they almost certainly were. Yet she looked over at the leader and swallowed the tightness in her throat. Choking it down into her gut, because she couldn't imagine intentionally hurting the other female. She had neglected to ask after what Nayru had been doing, but the other wolf shared it anyway. The girl listened, then let the silence dwindle for a moment between them. Perhaps she should have offered something in reply, but her stomach was clenched uncomfortably as her feelings came rushing back. All of her unfounded fears. "That's... I am glad the harvest is good. Do you need help?" she asked, finally, though it was a clumsy and late response to Nayru's words. Her ears flicked back and forth apprehensively.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread