It's all over but the crying
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: This thread shall not die!

She seemed to be debating something. Lubomir found himself interested in the way her features would change, the flicker of her ear, the colour of her fur. He'd never seen anything quite like it, not even in the Great Frozen Plains. It was fascinating, yes, but it did not deter him completely from the matter at hand. They were playing, like puppies, trying to outwit the other. And she seemed so tired, so old, like she was bearing the weight of the world on her shoulders. But when she spoke the words, when the knife was driven into him, his eyes widened. Indeed she had suffered. He thought of putting a hand on her shoulder, touching her somehow, but she might reject him and he would simply come across as a yob. He kept his eyes locked on hers and slowly inched forward.

'No words can ever express my sorrow. Nothing I say can undo what has been done. But I can offer my strength and my friendship.' He put his paw on her shoulder, yellow eyes still fixed on hers. 'If you wish to talk about it, I will listen. I believe I met a member of this Inferni pack you speak of. He nearly killed me. We obviously have not had pleasant encounters. But my lady, you are young and strong. Why would you wish death upon yourself when you have the chance to make something meaningful of your life?' He was probably talking nonsense. But he had no clue what else to say. She'd been hurt. What could he give her that she hadn't been offered by others?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread