It's all over but the crying
[html]
sweet.
I just reread this thread, and GOD how many times do I use the word "she" in a normal post? must.work.harder. It was painful to read Sad

Her wish for him to sit down with her came to be in a way, as Lubomir's form crouched down to level his face with hers. A hand touched her muzzle, as if it responded of its own accord to the nudge it had received. She could see him better like this, and she found herself staring at his face. It was odd, to her, that he could be this trusting, and open, yet without her finding a trace of dishonesty in his face. The ivory femme found a response to the trust he was showing her, rising in her, mirroring that openness he was showing. She could find no distrust for him, despite how she normally acted with strangers. It took a long time for her to trust people, possibly because of her broken family. She'd never had strong bonds to anyone, perhaps except Haku, and even though she might be creating and fortifying some lighter bonds these days, she still didn't find it easy to trust others. Haku she could trust, but that was everyone she knew, really. And one other, one she had met during her travels, the reason her world was going to change before Ashpyxia ruined it. Still, he was different from anyone she'd met. She'd trusted him, but there had not been affection, not from him or to him, in her world. They had never connected mentally, it was just an act, part of a ritual. This was.. different, but she didn't dare call it connection. It was just astounding openness, and trust. It was something she didn't know, nor how it felt.

Obviously her poor mastering of her legs hadn't gone unnoticed. He spoke of carrying her, and his arm was around her again, though differently. She stood there, for a split second frozen in terror. It wasn't fear for him, it was fear for the fact that she just realized she had no control. She couldn't control her behavior at the moment, proven by the fact that her body had acted of its own accord, without "consulting" her mind. Mixed feelings. Some confusion, and some pride bubbling to the surface. Carry? She wanted him to walk her home, but carrying her was overkill. She wasn't an infant, nor an old cripple. She would walk herself, and was quite indignant that he had suggested she wasn't able to. Her body pulled away from his arm, and she shook her head and neck, fur flowing here and there before settling. Green emeralds studied his face for a second or three before she responded, and when she did her voice was quiet and sincere. Even though he was an odd one, she didn't say no thanks to company on the way home. Any idiot could kill her in her current state, it was safer to have him along. She just hoped he wouldn't put too much meaning into it, after all, she did mean to simply walk home, and then he would be on his way. There is no need for carrying me, my legs still work. But you can walk me home if you want to, it's not that far.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread