It's all over but the crying
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: 100th post! w00t for me! Big GrinDDD And don't worry, my small crappy replies are no match for your long ones

Up close, he began to study her features in a more meticulous fashion. After all, he had an excuse to do so, didn't he? Up here, her eyes seemed so much more alive. And despite the pain that resonated from her entire body, there seemed to be a glint of hope too, that in time she would recover and be strong again. His hand felt the soft fur under his fingers. He wasn't even sure what to say to her now. That he would never let anything bad like that happen to her again? That would be a lie. He could promise his eternal friendship, but she might not be interested in anything of the sort. Here, in this new land, what kind of bond could he create? He had left all family behind. His nieces and nephews, if they were still alive, had probably given him up for dead and would likely never think that their scrawny uncle Lubomir had survived any fight, let alone the crossing here. He was, he realised, like a leaf in the wind, blowing to nowhere, and that unless he tried to bond with others here, he would eventually move on, disappear like the others had, into some distant horizon.

"It would be my honour to walk by your side, mój anielica." The first time he had spoken his language in the new land. He had called her his angel. Because she was so pure and white she certainly seemed an angel. She had healed part of his bitterness, simply by showing him greater suffering than he had ever know. Slowly, he stood up and smiled at her. "After you, my lady." He wanted to get a good look at her. He wanted to see the extent of the damage. Not out of some sick pleasure, but because he needed to know just how hurt she had been, just how much she had hidden from him. Lubomir wanted to be a hero, for once, not just a silly sick reminder of the coward he had been.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread