It's all over but the crying
[html]
lalala summer vacation - I has tan

More names for her, more hidden compliments. She didn't mind, nor did she care particularly for them. The female was neutral to them; words didn't mean much to her. They could hold so much love and caring, and still be deceitful, shaped to make you believe things that were not true. Words were simply means for communication, but there was communication far more truthful and genuine. Harder to lie with. It was that language Mew liked to rely on when meeting others; body language. Lately she'd opened up to people easier, but she was normally quite quiet, letting her body take care of signals and reactions freely. It would show persons who she was, but she did also mask it when needed. When speaking to persons she didn't like, or when she was feeling humiliated or humbled. Now, however, she did not mask anything. It was in the open, anything she felt would be revealed through her tail, her ears, and the way she held her head. Small hints that she herself did not even know about. She was enjoying his presence more than she knew.

He talked of cities. She'd seen a village, but a city? Did he mean cities like the one in the old territories - the old abandoned human concrete jungle? She couldn't bring herself to believe that was true. Yes, they had the ability to change and use the tools of the human race; hands and arms, but to behave like them? Wouldn't just history repeat itself? The wolves had survived the catastrophic disease that killed nearly every human being alive, perhaps it had been the wrath of the gods. She could understand that one would feel drawn to the immense amounts of information the species had obtained and learned to use, but in the end they were not human. And they would never be human. Their instincts intact, a wolf should never start behaving as something he or she is not, and particularly not the instinct-wise backwards humans. Their hunting abilities were so poor they started to breed their prey instead. It would be sad to see wolves go that way in evolution. Yet, the thought was enticing. Imagine all the knowledge of music, all the things one could learn! The thought gave her chills - both the good and the bad kind.

He spoke as if she had been there. Perhaps it was such a city Colibri came from, and Hanna. They'd never spoken of it. They could have come from a pack alike the packs here, freeroaming natural beings. Or a city of werewolves.. Nevertheless, Mew was born and raised here, and had never seen anything like what he was describing. Apart, perhaps, for that "colony". They were different in line of thinking, the wolves from the other continent, but it all boiled down to the same thing in the end. Survival, and the survival of one's closest. He had been the brother of the alpha, and a person of wisdom. Her bard position had been nothing like that, she had been entertainment - and not very good entertainment at that. But it wasn't as if she had needed a city or an alpha sister to learn to read and write. With some practice, nothing was impossible. I've never been there.. I was born on this continent, grew up on my own while I traveled. So I've seen a thing or two, but never those lands. Her voice fell quiet as her mind drifted off, thinking. What if she had asked to come with the ones with the boat, in the colony, to the other continent? Where would she be? Her children would be alive, and her life completely different. And now she was alone, and at war... What-if's didn't give her much, but she couldn't help but think of it. She kept walking, but her green emeralds were no longer focused so intently on his eyes; they were drifting away in thoughts no one could see.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread