don't step on the momeraths
[html]
Feel free to PP Orin a little bit if you need to. I would have moved into the first moments of the hunt but I wanted to give you a chance to respond. You're welcome to have Orin do whatever she'd normally do to start off the hunt/chase prey depending on how far you want to go with your post. Smile

The familiar rustle of paws amongst fallen leaves and brush told her that her daughter followed, and Orin smiled to herself. Titania was such a good girl with such a vibrancy for life. It suddenly dawned on Orin how truly amazing her daughter was. She peered down at the silver furred girl, eyes molten with love. Her daughters so easily could have become wrecks. Paranoid, like she was. Frightened, fidgety. But instead they were both perfect, healthy little girls. Orin never once thought to accredit this to herself; it was her girls who had done the work. It was them who stayed so young in the face of such strife. Maybe later their shortcomings might show, but they would always be perfect.

“Yes, baby. If you want to,” but it was clear that Titania was up for it. She led her daughter through the north-eastern woods, taking her to a specific place she knew about. It seemed like the two walked and walked, making small talk about the forest or whatever came to the little girl's mind as they went. Finally, and well into the time were a pup might start complaining about walking for so long, the treeline ended and they emerged in a large, grassy field.

“This is Flanders Field.” One eye-sweep of the field proffered many dappled brown backs among the grasses and flowers. “There are plenty of hare here. We'll hunt them. You stay here by these violets and be my look-out. I'm going to change.” But Orin didn't leave her daughter alone while she shifted forms. Instead, she moved just a few feet away and shifted within Titania's sight. Shifting was one of the most natural acts for a Luperci, and Orin was not about to make her daughter think it was shameful by hiding from her while she transformed. Titania and Juliet had been around in the past when she changed, too.

As soon as her transformation was complete Orin sprang up onto her four dainty paws, a shock of choppy hair on the nape of her neck was the only trace of the hairstyle she wore in Optime. She moved over to her daughter and lowered her head to give her a few loving lick on the forehead and muzzle. She loved being in the same shape as her daughters; she only utilized Optime as much as she did right now because it was convenient.

“Okay, now, they're really fast, so if you can't catch one don't worry, okay? You will. And we'll still eat.” She gave her daughter a wolfish smile. “You already know how to do this, even if you don't know it yet. You can do it because I can do it, and your father can do it, and your granparents could do it, and their grandparents could do it. We know it because we are wolves. You've already been practicing, I caught you just today.”

Orin winked. “We'll hunt like we're a pack all our own,” she said as though she was confiding a great secret in her daughter. “Here's what we do. We'll pick a target, and first we'll try me as the distraction and you as the trapper. I'll come at it from the other side and chase it to you. When it's close, you pounce it and grab onto it by the neck if you can – but be careful of the hind feet – they might be prey but they are to be respected. Because they bounce all day, their back legs are very strong and they have sharp claws.”

She eyed her daughter, looking for any hint of nervousness or worry. Was her little girl ready for this? Even if Orin didn't think Titania would catch one today this was still a life lesson in more ways than one. Most pups by now would be hunting small game, whether or not they were successful at it. Still, Titania was such a sweet girl, so innocent and caring, and was used to seeing her food only after it had been killed. Would attacking a bunny rabbit bother her? Orin was worried, but there was only one way to find out.

#700+

<style>
#ogift-hedgehog {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table {background-color:#bcb2a8;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:210px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #bcb2a8;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Vxj5X.png);color:#000000;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table b {color:#3f8407;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread