:M: These city walls ain't got no love for me...
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

<style type="text/css">
.skymarit2 {padding:0px; padding-bottom:120px; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... skybg2.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:526px;}
.skymarit2 p{text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; color:#000000; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.skymarit2 b{font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; color:#A11313;}
.skymarit2 i{font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; color:#703232;}</style>

http://i.imgur.com/UomzS.png);">

OOC: Sometime in the afternoon. Sky's in her Optime form.

So Orin was back, huh? Interesting news, that was. Though Sky was estatic to have the other woman back in the town they called home together, to have those darling pups around again... she was suspicious. Shawchert had been the one to welcome her back, to greet his children for the first time since they were born... no doubt that had given him some sort of positive reinforcement that maybe he did have a family to love and cherish...

So where did that leave Sky? Orin was back to make everything better again. No doubt she'd think less of Sky once she'd learned that the wolfdog had rejected the ex-leader's apologies, abandoning his love in some sort of lover's rebellion. But Orin was entitled to that opinion. She was entitled to Shawchert's affections. Who was Sky to interfere?

Wait, what? Why would she even want to? Who cares? Gingerly, Sky was putting away a few herbs into her medicine container, stocking up as the summer came closer and closer to an end. The season for growing the medical plants was soon going to be over. She'd have to build up a supply to keep the pack in one piece this winter.

She was still the only medic in town. The health and safety of the canines here was her responsibility, far more than it was anyone's other than Skye herself. Funny how that worked, eh?

Sky moved from one stock to another, checking to make sure every leaf and stem was properly dried. Rotten herbs were useless for medicine, after all. If that dumb alpha cared at all, he'd have stopped giving me gifts and tried a better course of action a long time ago. At least Tal had the balls to court me without angsting all over the place. A frown formed on the girl's face once more. Tal, her new court, was far from spoiled. He'd lost his family, except for his son, a while ago. He knew what it was like to be alone. He knew how it felt to lose a mate, too. She could relate to him easily.

...maybe too easily. He doesn't really talk about it much. I wonder if maybe it hurts him to keep it bottled up like that? Her face softened as she put her things away, brushing off her hands and turning to head to her front porch. I've never really had someone I could relate to so easily before. Valinta came close but not as much as Tal does... and he understands. Shawchert's too busy worrying about whether or not I'll forgive him to care about enjoying himself any. He's no fun anymore. Whatever happened with his parents killed him. Maybe if he'd... lighten up...

Don't bother with him. That dark voice interjected rudely. He's just looking for pity. If Orin's fool enough to give it to him, so be it. You're smarter than that. Don't fall for it.

Sky frowned, her hand on the door leading outside, ears flicking back. I wasn't going to. Stop making assumptions. She retorted crossly, eyes glazing over as she stopped paying attention to the real world.

You were and still are. You're feeling sorry for him. He hurt you, he abandoned you, he abandoned this pack and now he's looking for pity. He's a wreck, one that's not worth putting back together. He'll only end up bringing you down with him, Sky. Just let Orin deal with it. She's the one that spawned his bastard children. The voice remarked scornfully, making Sky's head hurt a bit.

But Orin and the girls don't deserve it either... maybe I should warn them away from him? At least until he pulls himself out of his funk? Sky skirted away from the door, returning to her livingroom to finish this new conversation with herself... or rather, her 'voices'.

Hey, it's not like it's any of your business. You know her, she won't listen if he's already gotten to her. Maybe she's already considering hating you again. Who knows.

...but we... we're friends now, aren't we?

For now, maybe. But you know Shawchert's not going to let that last very long. He'll do something stupid to mess it up again.

...I don't want to lose her again. I hate fighting with her. It's stupid and pointless. We've no reason to fight now, not now that I'm with Tal.

Take Tal as your mate. Make it official. Raise a family. Leave Shawchert in the past where he belongs. The voice demanded cruelly.

Sky shook her head, sitting on the couch and pulling her knees up to her chest, almost looking defeated. I don't want to leave Shawchert behind...

And why not? He's all but killed your sanity. He deserves to be abandoned, just like he abandoned you.

...but I don't want to--

He deserves it!

But--

A shattering crash outside snapped both of them into shocked silence. She was on her feet and outside in an instant. As she stepped out onto the porch, her feet not covered by her boots that day, she felt a sharp pain in both sets of pads. She yelped and lept to the side, shocked to find shattered, clear, flat glass right outside her door. At first, she looked around for someone who might've done it on purpose, but as she looked up, she realized her upstairs window was lacking any shine; it had fallen out of the frame, finally giving into the wear and tear of age.

Fuck. She muttered, inching back on bleeding paws and sitting down where the glass hadn't reached. She brought her legs in to look at the damage and winced; some of the shards had cut pretty deep, a few pieces still stuck in the tough skin on both paws. The blood was seeping from each cut freely, save for the few that were still clogged up with glass. She sat where she was and started trying to pick the glass out of her feet, growling each time she manage to push one deeper. She was an excellent medic, sure... but not when it came to causing herself pain.

This time, she might've required a little assistance... maybe from an unlikely source?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread