:M: These city walls ain't got no love for me...
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.skymarit2 {padding:0px; padding-bottom:120px; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... skybg2.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; width:526px;}
.skymarit2 p{text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; color:#000000; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.skymarit2 b{font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; color:#A11313;}
.skymarit2 i{font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; color:#703232;}</style>

http://i.imgur.com/UomzS.png);">

She screwed up her face as he spoke, telling her to hold still, using a line that she'd used many times in the past. Note to self; be nice to the patients. It sucks being doctored. She thought, not bothering to argue with him. As he pulled out the sliver, she cringed, more at the sight of the thing rather than any sort of pain she felt. Ew... She was still getting used to having a glassless paw when he replied to her question rather calmly, a nice change to his previously blunt tone.

You work too much. Said the pot to the kettle in a flat voice, almost as if she were attempting an ironic joke. He set her foot down and started with the gauze and surprisingly, though she was very able to do it herself, the girl just watched.

I think I got it all out before you arrived. It's just swiss cheese now. Sky's voice was finally settling into a nice sound, this time sounding almost childish as she wiggled the toes on her other foot, ignoring the pain in favor of showing off the tiny cuts and holes in the pads. She stuck out her bottom lip a bit and sighed through her nose, counting the new scars.

She took a moment to sit forward, not moving her foot any but reaching for the kit, rummaging through carefully and pulling out some wrap bandaging and sterile gauze squares. A pair of silver clips followed, along with some medical tape and a pair of safety scissors. The gauze pads here are to stop the bleeding once the wound's clean. She started in a calm, soft, teaching tone. The wrap goes around it firmly. Not too tight but not loose either. With paws, it's gotta stay steady, so the medical tape is better for holding it on than the clips. The clips keep the ends down flat, so it doesn't unravel. She kept in her upright position as she spoke, her voice finally falling back into the old Sky for a moment, patient and in control.

She glanced up at him and after a thoughtful moment, smiled a crooked sort of smile. There was no longer any malice in those blue eyes. No strain. If you help me clean up and install a new window... there might be a cup of tea and some home cooking in it for you. The crooked smile became a sweet sort of grin, almost begging him to help out and take the offer.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread