Rain down, rain down on me
[html]

Nayati never thought it would come to this. He had never imagined that any of this would happen. He knew something had been a bit odd during his audience with Chief Aatu, but he could not have guessed that all this is what was coming. As small as it was, he clung to the hope that eventually AniWaya would return to the way it had been. He knew he was not the only tribesman who felt that what Maska was doing was wrong. There was no longer anything he could do to try and change things, but he hoped those that still remained in the tribe would find a way back to where they had come from. That eventually he and his family could return to their home. As they stood there tired in the dark though the light of that hope was guttering so low he feared it would be snuffed out by any passing breeze. How had it come to this?

Quickly the sounds of approach came towards them and the blue eyed woman he knew as a friend emerged from the darkness of the packlands beyond. It was clear from her face that she knew something was amiss, and how could she not? The Utinas were not working to hide their raggedness. The man opened his mouth to answer Anu and found the words sticking to the sides of his throat. Nayati sighed and took a deep breath. "I have been banished from AniWaya." There was no use trying to hide that fact. Even though he did not regret what he had done, it was hard to swallow such a fate. "Things have changed there for the worse. Our Kalona has been deposed and a fanatic from the Great Tribe has taken his place as leader with a group of thugs to back him up." Nayati's ears had folded back against his head as he relayed the news to the Dreaming leader.

"He had one of his Guardians beat Liliana, my mate," he said and nodded his head back in the hybrid's direction. "I went to the Town Hall and argued with him and he exiled me. I think he wanted me to leave my family behind, but I could never do that. We fled in the night and I have been covering our tracks as best I can. I...I did not know where else to go." His eyes flicked back to his family before they returned to look at the bright blue of the gray toned woman. "May we seek sanctuary here? I do not wish to impose upon you and your pack, so if it is not possible I understand." Nayati did all he could to keep his desperation from his face and voice, but he hoped so strongly that she would not turn them away.

<style type="text/css">
.nayatifog b {font-weight:bold; color:#9aa7b5; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #545a7a; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.nayatifog p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayatifog {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#798696; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... atifog.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #545a7a; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6a7f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
300+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread