I'll play you a wicked melody
OOC: I feel like reciting the Jaberwocky poem :I I also give you pp power over the pups in this thread ^^

They walked away from the changed lands as quickly as the pups themselves could trot beside them. Ralla's pups, too, were excited to meet the new people, and were innocent to Ralla's worries. She hoped they always would be. They arrived in the grove not a few minutes later, and the lush green brush and trees shielded them from view. If a Guardian asks, I can just say that I went hunting. Yes, that'll do nicely. Ever since Nayati left, the tribe had been short their best hunter, and with just Saxif--plus the sudden influx of members and Guardians--fresh kills were running scarce, and their stores were running low already. She let a sigh of relief escape her lips as she listened for anything that might've followed them, but perhaps she was just being paranoid; the Guardians did not keep a close tab on every single wolf to cross the border, and she had not done anything for them to be suspicious of her...yet.

Turning to Bangle she smiled, a genuine grin that conveyed her joy in seeing him. The coywolf, of all canines, was perhaps the best to see in this situation; he himself was always smiling, and held an aura of happiness that never seemed to be shaken. "I'm sorry for my abrupt greeting, Bangle, but I'm afraid it's not safe for you there--or your pups." The last part was said with a bit of surprise as she went to the horse and looked at the little ones. Ahiga and Aleu were at her feet trying to get a look as well, but Alaster only peeked a foot or so away in his shyness. "I didn't know that you were an expecting father before!" He had known that she had been expecting, though, but it was easier to tell when a female was going to be a parent rather than a male... "We should be safe out this far--the Guardians don't patrol past the fences too often. We can let the children play here while we talk. Ah, but let me introduce them. The twins," she said while motioning to the two white pups, "are Ahiga and Alaster. Ahiga has the grey sock on his left foreleg and the grey around his eyes, and Alaster has the grey sock on his right foreleg. Aleu is the smallest." She did not mention that Aleu's coat color was dark brown--different from her family's--because it often seemed like a sore subject for her. "I'm sorry that Ayasha's not here, but she had scouting duty. And who might these two be?" she asked while smiling at the young ones on the horse.

Once all introductions were given, Ralla watched as her children played fondly with Bangle's, reveling in their innocent ignorance. "Please understand when I say what I'm about to without prejudice," she said in a low tone so that the children would not be distracted. "AniWaya is no longer safe for hybrids. There is a new man from the Great Tribe there, and Dawali and I are no longer leading the tribe. Everything's gone from bad to worse, and while I know we're supposed to follow our new leader--he's supposed to have our interests at heart, isn't he?--the Guardians are the absolute worse. They all have a very archaic way of thinking, and I'm afraid the tribe has already suffered from not conforming. It's probably my fault, too, though... I was not born in the Great Tribe, so I do not know how I was supposed to lead them. And Chief Dawali... He's given in so easily. He is our true chief--no matter what this new man says. Oh, but I'm sorry," she said, catching herself rambling again, "you did not come all this way to hear such terrible news. Please, tell me what has been going on in Cercatori d'Arte?"

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

Messages In This Thread