I'll play you a wicked melody
[html]

Meh, Ralla's staying away from that nonsense, and although she's worried....meh, there can be an in-between XD It's not like a Guardian's gonna see them and go "WOAH! Stop the raid, let's chase down the coyote and his pups!" o_0

"I might just take you up on that," Ralla joked amiably back, observing the two small puppies and taking in their...well, cute fluffiness would accurately describe it. Her youngest three were just about out of that stage, and seeing it again brought out the maternal instincts in her. Things quickly went downhill in pleasantness, though, as they seemed to be doing by design these days.

"It's not that simple," she said after a moment. No matter how appreciative she was that Bangle had offered the help of his pack, things weren't so easily solved. "The Great Tribe is the home tribe of AniWaya--the mother tribe, if you will. In a sense, we follow them absolutely, and their Chief's word is higher than ours. The Councilman that came from there has come saying that Dawali's taking of the title 'chief' upset the spirits and went against the laws, and then took over. But what would we do if we overthrew them? We'd be ostracized from the Great Tribe--maybe cause a bigger fuss and more casualties than have already been done--and Dawali... I know he is our chief, but he is completely obedient to the laws." But she would make him see that this law was false--that everything that was happening was as wrong as wrong could be.

News of the caravan lifted her spirits quite a bit. In her home tribe, visits from the gypsy luperci meant festivities and treats, and was a good time for all. They also meant travel, and to Ralla they had been a dependable way to escape the tribe and come to Nova Scotia; they had almost been like family. Now that Cercatori d'Arte was doing something similar trade would be plentiful and full of variety...except for them. Ralla doubted that Maska would allow any strangers into AniWayan lands for such things...or for anything really, other than joining his cause. "It sounds like it was a lot of fun. I actually came up here to Nova Scotia with a few gypsy luperci. I didn't care much for the ocean--it was beautiful, don't me wrong--but all the salt and rocking of the ship wasn't always comforting." Nope; high up in the trees and on a hammock was as rocky as she liked it. Water was all well and good, but not for week on end... "How's your mate doing then?" she asked as Ahiga tackled Erzulie and Aleu both, sending them into a puppy pile.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#fff;}
.owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C718E; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto;}
.owlinner{background-color:#A6C4EE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... llatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; width:483px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
.owl p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.owl .box {width:275px;height:205px;float:right;}
.owl b {color:#fff;font-family:georgia;text-shadow:2px 2px 2px #3D4F69;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]

Messages In This Thread