M - and then i'll set this place on fire
[html]

Word Count » 3+

Slowly, in ways that women knew and men could never comprehend, she had layered herself into his life. It dismayed him to see such weakness within his own mind - The Family were his, all of them, but none quite like her. She was fire where he was ice, and she tempted him like Eris had, like Salvia soon would.

It had been a long time since he had lain with a woman. Lazy fingers traced her ribs, although his face remained a stony think, impassive and dark. Her reply was salve to some of the indignant ruffled feathers within him, but the peacock remained on edge, his domain and dominance challenged and then claimed once more. Men and women did not follow the dark man for nothing - He had a gift with the mind, with the ways it worked. Persuasive like the silver-tongued snake. But she only prompted his tongue to slavishness, to short utterances, and to curling within his maw.

A huff rewarded her reassurance. If she had fallen trying to get the brush, then perhaps he should chide her for her foolishness, for putting herself at such unnecessary risk. But the brush was a pretty thing, and the Thistle King was enjoying its use already. He let the comment slide.

Her next, however, provoked a more physical reaction. The hand on her waist fixed there, tightened, as though she sought to leave him. It was, in fact, the opposite - But Sirius was in a state of confusion, something rarely entered by the fox's wit. Both eyes opened now to peer suspiciously at her. Was she tricking him with her tone? Fooling him with such pretty words? The Revlis man had no concept of love, nor devotion, as in truth he had felt neither. Larkspur was devoted to him, and this was a pleasing relationship. Was that what the Kimaris, too, offered? "You would spurn my protection?" Came the quizzical response, his voice attempting to be gruff but sounding merely perplexed. "You are mine. Why should I not value that? I would kill for much less," More jumbled intentions, a frown marring handsome features to set them brooding like a storm.

She was confusing, and he disliked being confused. But his body knew what it wanted, and the confusion was allowing steely control to slip. "Why give your body to another man," Voice grew louder, stronger, like anger but quite different, "If you have given your heart to me? Is that not enough for you, my protection? Do you seek to offend me?" He wasn't making sense, not even to himself, but suddenly his face was lingering close to hers and the hands that had been calmed were tensed again, sliding around her waist, her shoulders. He wanted her, oh, but she was unwittingly the temptress. "What would you have me do with this news, Kimaris? I cannot abide it!" Frustration lingered close by the lust in the Hunter's eyes.

<style>
.siritxt {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.siritxt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8Hs2Q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:122px 0px 0px 0px;}
.siritxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.siritxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.siritxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.siritxt b {letter-spacing:1px; }
.siritxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread