M - and then i'll set this place on fire
[html]

Word Count » 3+

Her words slid past his ears, sweetly voiced, laced with lure so as to appease the strange darkness within her peacock king. Their meaning was allowed, for now, to be ignored - Would his rage return, were he to know of her sinful prostitution? Perhaps, for Sirius had known prostitutes intimately when in London, had known the insides of their smooth thighs and had dealt with them as he did now, with slaves. Would he be furious to know that she had been such a creature? Or would, perhaps knowing as he did the way night-women were treated, feel shame at his own callousness?

Perhaps, when he reflected upon it later, he would feel nothing at all. It was difficult to predict the whims of the Hunter.

Her fingers tousled his hair, pressed cool palms over beating heart and bear-scars. Her answers provoked more turmoil within him, layers of confusion that trifled with the man's innate desire for knowledge and understanding. Confusion became frustration, frustration aggression, aggression lust. There was little dividing line between the four. "You speak frail words," He sneered, as though to ward off some verbal offense. But the woman spoke on, spoke of heart-things and of love. Love? Perhaps she had gone mad, after all.

Maw opened to chide her, to rebuke her of this thoughtless tongue-lashing, this insanity that poured in husky whispers from a pixie maw more suited to harshness. But she had plans aside from that, and without any warning, snuggled deep into the warmth of his dark, glossy pelt.

Women had taken to showing such affection. He knew the purpose of a hug - Salvia had hugged him, after he had gifted her adult-hood. But this was stranger still, this nearness that had such potent desire within it. He disliked the weakness and vulnerability it showed, wished nothing more than to throw her from his lap, to regain the control and loneliness that had been faithful companions of the serpent-tongued king. But, he did not. Hands found purchase on the smooth line of her spine, a strange embrace that pulled her close to him. Poisonous olive eyes spat their irritable murder at the farthest wall, as his tongue wove silent words to berate the strange, weak woman-thing he held. "Beware your intentions, Tlantli," Came the words, at last, "I ask many things of you, but not this. Do not deceive yourself with pretty thoughts of love. It will do nothing but ruin you," Dark, the warning came, although it was spoken in strange tones. She spoke of love, not devotion, and although each came from the heart, they were polar in meaning.

His hands crept up and down her back once more, and the deep thrum of a growl-purr could be felt but not heard from within the vain ruler. "Dare not to presume you know what I desire, for I alone know such a thing," As a man of complex tastes, a King of wicked rule, Sirius had the power to take almost all that he desired, except that which he forbid from himself. Acid eyes did not lower to caress her body, although his hands continued mildly to do so. "You tempt me, shaman. Nothing more." Blunt words, aimed to dissuade her from such messy emotions even as his nearness encouraged them. Again, the snarl, for she was his, but not. The Revlis man did not love her, for he loved as only the shallow and the powerful can love - fleetingly, and without truth - but her value was immense, and her constant allure greater still.

<style>
.siritxt {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.siritxt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8Hs2Q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:122px 0px 0px 0px;}
.siritxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.siritxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.siritxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.siritxt b {letter-spacing:1px; }
.siritxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread