I am not my own.
[html]

Word Count: 314

Melee had been so focused on the tree that she hadn't noticed the wolf approaching underneath. This was another instance of her naivety, that she hadn't learned to pay better attention to her surroundings yet. So it was that when Ouija spoke, she was entirely surprised. Her feet slipped midway through climbing and she started to slide down the tree. Reaching her other arm around, she hugged onto the tree. Though the hand couldn't lock onto her other hand and stabilize her descent, at least it helped slow her down a bit. Enough that she regained her footing and looked outward at the male with a bit of a scowl on her features.

"And I would think that someone on the ground would have the common sense not to surprise someone climbing a tree!" she responded. Instead of staying in the tree and awkwardly continuing to talk, she pushed off with her legs and let go of the trunk with her arms. Landing lightly on the balls of her feet, she looked at Ouija curiously. "Nothing particular up there, I was just working on climbing. It's a bit harder with only one good hand." the girl remarked, raising her deformed hand to display the reason it had been tucked behind her back.

Melee tossed her head to get her mane out of her eyes. It had gotten long lately and stuck up at odd angles most of the time. It didn't help that she was always out and about, rarely sitting still long enough to actually do anything with her hair. She tilted her head slightly to the side to level an appraising look on the stranger. "I'm Melee Soul of Ichika no Ho-en." introductions were the accurate start to a conversation, right? At least after the initial "you nearly made me fall out of a tree!" comments had gotten out of the way.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread