This Ain't Texas
OOC: I'm so glad you like her! I'm totally in love with her as well. xD You might like my other character, Tawny...but she is more of the shy type. Totally opposite of Dixie. So far are you pretty much able to understand the dialogue?
WC: 517

After Reed explained about their stuff being stashed not too far away, Dixie shrugged and took Duke's reins, giving them a small tug. There was no reason that they couldn't follow and help the strangers move their things to a suitable place for a night camp. The stallion snorted and threw his head a few times, not wanting to go anywhere with all the packs strapped to his back. "Oh shut it, you big baby. Those bags weigh less than I do." One hand lifted and she flicked a finger against his nose, rolling her eyes when he squealed and stomped in response. A little teasing grin lifted her mouth when she thought about the slightly weary looks on the strangers faces, obviously they weren't too sure about the horses. Turning back to the men, she smiled and tilted her head to the side, "You just gotta be firm with the big guys, not mean and not afraid. Eventually they will treat you like one of their own...which is not too gentle, for most, but it ain't kickin' an' stompin', eh?"

Reaching over, she slipped her free hand into Wayne's and squeezed, hoping that the large male wasn't put off with her inviting the strangers to stay with them for the night. He sighed and squeezed back in response, intertwining their fingers and rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand gently as they walked. Dixie looked up and gestured to Reed and Francois, tilting her head towards the path to indicate that they should start leading the way. "No sense in ya'll goin' ta get ya things and comin' back when we can jus' follow and help. Maybe some better clearin's on up ahead in the rockier areas." Her voice was a bit louder this time and carried through the threes towards her new friends, making sure that they knew what was going on and why they were being tailed.

As the group walked, Dixie relaxed and simply took in her surroundings. She was really starting to like the mountains and forests, despite the harsh cold and huge ass cats. Of course the girl missed her home in the south desperately, and knew that she would try to go back someday, but this place was as good a substitute for home as any would be. She didn't really like to think about too far into the future though, so she shut those thoughts down, knowing that anything could happen and all things happened for a reason, however small it may be. Just like with these strangers. She didn't like to turn down opportunities to meet new people because she could possibly learn something and make new friends! Wayne didn't really see things the same way, but she just took him in stride after having lived with him since she was a youngster. He would have much rather avoided contact with the other males altogether, wanting to keep his Dixie all to himself. He loved her even when she was a pain in the ass, which was pretty often, and he'd have it no other way.

Messages In This Thread