Whispers in the wind
Luckily Orin didn't know the names of the refugees so she was unable to accidentally hint whether the woman's guess was correct or not. It was best not to be too specific. She gave her an apologetic look, “I am sorry. We can't divulge the names and exact locations of refugees at this time. I will speak to them for you, though, and if we have future meetings I will bring you any messages they want to send.” Orin was starting to feel proud of herself. It just felt like she was doing this right... like all the best super spy novels.

Secretly, Orin hoped that she could speak with the refugees when she returned to d'Arte and ask them about Ayasha. They would be able to confirm that she was a trustworthy source of information – although Orin didn't have any evidence to the contrary – and she could then try to contact the girl again and give her some relief in these dark times. Surely knowing your friends were in fact safe would be a beacon of hope in the face of such strife.

The girl said something about the spirits, and at this Orin cocked a brow. She wasn't sure what she was talking about – knowing little about AniWaya, she knew even less about their ghostly mentors. She filed it away, remembering to look into it later.

“So where is Dawali now?” That was important to know. If Maska labeled Dawali a criminal and took control of the pack what had been done about Dawali? Did Maska have him prisoner? Was he still within the pack? If the AniWayan's loyalties and happiness were with Dawali, it'd be imperative to know where the man could be found. She hoped he could be found, and that his fate had not yet been sealed.

“We can do our best to deliver word to the other packs. If anything, we will be able to speak to our cousin-nation, Cour des Miracles, and we can try to speak to Crimson Dreams. If they are planning an attack we can at least ensure they know that there are people here who oppose Maska's rule. As for the packs for the north... I don't think we can make any promises.” She looked at Shawchert to back her up. Phoenix Valley was no longer Phoenix Valley and she did not know if she was in good standing with the pack that had formed from he Valley and Dhalia. And regarding the other packs... Orin just knew it was usually easiest to leave those guys out of things. Shawchert would know more about their pack-to-pack relation with them. “We can also send a rumor through the loners that something bad is happening to them near here. We can tell them the tribe thugs are murdering lone wolves. That should keep them at bay for a little while if the gossip spreads fast enough. If they hear he's recruiting them.”

She glanced around, knowing that the longer they stayed here, the higher their chances of being discovered were. She and Shawchert could probably escape, but Ayasha would be stuck here to take the consequences of her insubordination.

“Can we meet with Ralla?” she asked quickly. “If not today can we arrange to come back? Then we can let you know if we will be able to lend support, and find out just what else we can do to help.”

Messages In This Thread