Whispers in the wind
ooc Since Shawchert is in meerkat mode and is letting Orin take the reigns, I'm going to go ahead and post one more time to wrap up. Shaw you can still put a closer in here but I assume you wanted to wrap up too. Smile Ayasha, you too! 300+

The d'Arte envoy frowned at the news of Dawali. So, he was an honorable man and would not disobey Maska. How far would that go? Did he not have the spirited heart to be a leader, or was this punishment the torture that it would be for any alpha suddenly forced to submit to even the lowest member of a pack? Mostly, Orin was concerned for what this could mean. It was clear that there were resisters to Maska's rulership, but if AniWaya's former chief would not disobey false law what would make them think he would go along with a mutiny? Circumstances were not well defined now, and Dawali might show some inkling toward aiding the resistance in the future. But still... what if they tried to revolt and their former leader would not return to his station... could that happen?

The answer lied with Ralla. The girl had said Ralla was leading the resistance on Dawali's behalf. If Cercatori was going to lend aid, they needed to know that the pack would not fall in upon itself once the false leader was uprooted. If Ralla had the courage to organize the resistance, then, Orin hoped, she would have the courage to act as tribe leader. “It is imperative that we speak with Ralla. If you can convince her to come it would be a great help to your people. I have more questions for her. Hopefully by that time I will have answers for you.”

She stood up and leaned in toward the young, trustworthy girl. ”We will do everything within our means to find you help.” She gave the girl a respectful nuzzle, and then turned to go.

“We've spent all the time we can. They might notice she is gone by now. Go, Ayasha. Be safe, and tell Ralla of our meeting today.” Ayasha was not the only one in peril. Orin and Shawchert were as well, and needed to make it back to their homelands as soon as possible. Knowing Shawchert would follow her, she spun around and trotted away from the AniWayan borders.

Messages In This Thread