What are you looking at?
[html]

OOC: Sorry about the delay, the internet where I'm at right now is horrible.
Word Count: 600

It was not uncommon, what was happening here tonight. Nikki often found himself in odd situations and more often than not they had to do with something dead, be it of his own species or otherwise but his reaction was not always the same. Tonight he had been looking for small things like tooth and nail but instead he found himself presented with a whole body and goddess why? Why couldn’t this poor fool have been found before he died or at least before all the meat had rotted from his carcass, leaving behind moss covered bones that seemed to have no tale behind them. Why couldn’t someone else have come across this sorry soul?

More importantly he wondered how it had gone unnoticed in pack lands. Had the members of Aniwaya been so senseless that they hadn’t even noticed something dead and rotting nearby? He couldn’t be the only one out here who liked to explore the lands after all. Many more questions swirled through his mind, like a whirlpool, destroying anything that dared enter its deadly grasp. What was more, Nikki’s thoughts often took a turn towards morbidity, making the situations he got himself into even more odd and interesting than simply finding some dead thing somewhere.

In fact at this very moment decapitation sounded rather enjoyable. He could keep the skull as a trophy from his treasure hunt and the nails could be used for his necklace, maybe even a couple smaller bones. If he left them here they would surely go to waste wouldn’t they? His thoughts were interrupted by what seemed a hesitant and quiet voice, asking if he was fine and telling him who they were. His gaze left the skeleton to look over his shoulder at his new company but he said nothing. Soka was the first to break the silence with a soft screech, snapping him out of the trance in which he’d been thrown into.

Who was he? She had asked. A simple enough question with a simple enough answer but his mind seemed to draw a blank for a moment and he simply stared blankly. ”I’m fine.” He finally mumbled. ”But he’s not.” He pointed towards the cause for his alarm, his voice more bitter then it should have been. He could only hope one would understand. His body had finally caught up with his mind and he slowly got up, leaning on a tree for a moment. To put it bluntly, his ass hurt and he was going to take a moment and hope that the aching would soon go away. ”The name’s Nikolieth but I’d much prefer Nikki or Niko.” He offered a grim smile.

What a way to meet someone new. As if reading his thoughts, Soka screeched once more before a tense silence threatened to smother them where they stood. There was certainly nothing the healer could do for a pile of bones but he did wonder what had caused the unfortunate wolf’s demise and so without another word he stepped closer to examine the remains. ”Looks like he took a pretty harsh beating, his neck is snapped and his skull has what looks to me a hammer indentation." He frowned. Whoever this had been they’d angered someone and weren’t able to properly defend themselves against whoever it had been they’d pissed off.

”I’m not sure what else to say.” His voice was flat this time. No emotion was there to be found and he turned to her once more, wondering what she might have to offer to this strange meeting, this awkward conversation, if anything.

Nikolieth walks. "Nikolieth talks." Nikolieth thinks

<style type="text/css">
.nikoli b {font-weight:bold; color:#6ca1d1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nikoli .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nikoli p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nikoli {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#152730; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2mpkb35.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#306a9e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread