I don't breathe the way I used to.
[html]

Word Count: 380

I forgot to ask if you wanted to have this sent before or after the raid, so it can be either way with the way I wrote my post. I am fine with either way! Just let me know so I can figure out where it sits in my timeline.

The air was moist, she could feel the heaviness of rain on it. Her head tilted back to gaze at the clouds overhead. They were dark, ominous, foreboding. Not at all good for the cloud watching that she enjoyed. The girl was disappointed by this, but didn't let it bring her down. Storms were good for the earth and for the pack, so she could hardly begrudge their existence. It wasn't her favorite kind of weather but it had its perks. Sometimes the lightning was pretty, but usually storms meant that Parker didn't spend time outside. It meant that she headed home to the Mansion and holed up in her room. Perhaps today would be a good day to sort through and find some new feathers, she thought. Reflexively, she reached up to one of the black feathers that was tied into her hair. It was growing dull from being out and about with her. There were replacements in her room and in her satchel, though. She could spend the night winding new ones into her hair.

She entered the Mansion quietly, her satchel hugging tight to her side. For once, it was full of things that she had found while she was out and about. Some pretty rocks that she admired for the sparks of color in them, a handful of feathers, and a rabbit. The rabbit hadn't really been "found" so much as caught, though it had been an easy enough catch. The girl hadn't actually been on the hunt for it, the rabbit had almost literally fallen in her lap. As she was lying down and enjoying the sun, she had heard the rabbit running (presumably from another predator) and had thrown her satchel at it. Since it had already been filled with rocks, the satchel had been heavy. The rabbit went down, stunned (but not yet dead) and she had quickly finished it off. Parker hadn't decided if she wanted to eat it or if she was going to offer it to someone else yet. There was time to decide, though, as the meat should be good.

The girl walked toward her room with quiet, easy steps. Preoccupied by her own world and her own thoughts, though she was still listening to the sounds around her.

<style type="text/css">
.parkerdandelion b {font-weight:bold; color:#CDDCEA; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.parkerdandelion-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }
.parkerdandelion p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.parkerdandelion {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#4577B2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... delion.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C5D0DF; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#7798C3; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread