they were sitting
[html]

OOC: That's perfect. And word count doesn't matter to me. Quality over quantity, though I do love long posts. So much fun to read and a lot more to respond to. Smile
Word Count: 598

Dixie's light greenish eyes grew wide as she watched the man crouched down in the bushes. It looked as if he were fearful of something as he searched himself over and then peeked up at her nervously. Her smile wavered a little bit at his unsure expression. The girl just hated making other people feel scared and uncomfortable. She dropped her eyes from him to the ground and allowed him time to compose himself before looking back up and listening to him speak. Instead of answering right away, though, she looked him over, taking in his appearance.

The male wasn't very tall it looked like, but had some weight to him that may have been all fur or muscles or more. His coat was thich and soft looking, like her own, but so much darker and a variation of colors. It was beautiful to say the least. When she saw his curly tail, she peeked back at her own and smiled, wondering what his parent's lineage might have been. The clothes he wore were pretty interesting...not something she'd ever seen anyone wear before. The colors were sharp still, unlike many clothes that were still fit enough to wear. Her head tilted to the side and she grinned, taking in the color of the tie in contrast to the shirt and trousers. The man was very stylish, and the clothes almost had a home-made look to them. Perhaps he knew how to sew and touch up things...

Dixie stood up a bit on her saddle and swung one leg over, then hopped down easily. While the male wasn't tall, he still had half a foot and a good seventy pounds on the young woman. She was completely bare, opting to not wear anything usually. Clothing seemed rather pointless to her unless it was really cold. In the southern part of the continent, the winters didn't get so cold, and she usually could get away with just her thin deer-skin cloak. Now that her and Wayne had ventured up past the Canadian border, she knew that they would have to start finding clothing and collecting more skins in preperation for the winter.

One of her small hands curled around the reins up close to Duke's mouth. "You can come closer if you'd like...he's a little bit grumpy around strangers, but he wouldn't hurt you 'less you come after me." While the girl was overly friendly sometimes, she was smart enough to know not to trust everyone. Giving the male a little warning in the form of her horse was a good hint to not mess around with her unless he wanted to be trampled. Her free hand lifted and stroked over the horse's nose slowly, smiling as he visibly relaxed with the physical contact. His large hips shifted slightly and one of his hind hooves curled, resting on the ground at an odd angle and showing his relaxed state. In that position, it would take longer for him to aim a kick or rear up into the air. He was comfortable with Dixie there, despite the stanger, but was not any less attentive to what was going on around him.

"Travelin' is a lot faster and easier with horses. They are so strong and have incredible stamina." She chuckled softly and gestured down the trail, seeing the hoofprints that Gypsy's large hooves must have left. "Perhaps you saw my companion a few moments before me. His horse is carryin' not only him, but a saddle, some packs, and the remains of a mountain cat. She is quite a strong lass."

<style type="text/css">
.dixietres b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f392e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.dixietres .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.dixietres p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.dixietres {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c28c2e; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2dgukae.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#f5b950; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread