they were sitting
[html]

I agree. P:

Word Count → 465

She stood up in the saddle, his eyes watching curiously as she took a step down from her steed. Thomas never had the pleasure of seeing someone actually riding. He had heard of them and had seen them tending horses outside his father’s cabin, always finding it something fascinating. To control such a large animal – one bigger than even canine in Optime form – was beyond his thought. He didn’t necessarily think of them as anything other than something to help with luggage and travel. They were also prey, but he usually wouldn’t mention that around someone’s… pet?

Once Dixie was safely on the ground, she curled a hand over one of the reins. His tensed shoulders relaxed. The horse seemed calm with his rider close by and didn’t look like he would charge at any moment. Though, she said he could come closer, Dixie also warned him that if he had gone after her, he would have a raging horse on his hands. He did understand why she warned him. There were some out here who wouldn’t mind trying to purloin others.

“I… I wouldn’t do that,” he murmured, more so to assure himself that he wasn’t the type. Thom, however, was still worried about stepping any closer to the horse. He was about three feet away. If he did something wrong and upset the horse without threatening his owner, he could surely end up with another wound. His eyes drew down towards his bandage, twitching his tail at the thought of another sizable injury.

The thought that it could be rude not to go ahead and take a step or two closer came to mind and so, he took those two small steps. “Um, how… should I approach?” He asked, finding it slightly silly that he did as such. But, he wished to remain cautious and kind towards the duo.

Dixie-May went ahead and answered his earlier question, too, explaining that travel is much faster on horseback compared to walking. They had strength and stamina. He looked over the horse in front of him, eyeing that relaxed leg like it was waiting to kick out, but the muscles the chestnut had were quite admirable. His eyes followed her gestured hand – keeping the horse in the corner of his eye – and stared down at the heavy hoof prints in the dirt.

“So that was your companion,” he blurted without much thought, his tone obviously relieved. The horse seemed to have a lot of objects on them too by Dixie’s explanation, but they were going fast, weren’t they? He nervously flicked an ear, wondering if it was even his spot to ask. “Are they okay…? They were going kind of fast…” ‘Or was that normal?’ They could be scouting the area ahead for all he knew.

Table code by the Mentors! Image && Edits by Cait!

<style>
.thart .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.thart p {padding:5px 5px; margin:5px; text-indent:35px;}
.thart b {color:#d39e5f; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.thart {background-color:#7e6936; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2mmuy4g.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d39e5f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;padding:5px 0px 210px 0px;}
.thart .inner {margin:0px 10px 300px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(); border-color:#b39573;}
.thart .wordcount {color:#5c4528; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #b39573; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread