they were sitting
[html]

OOC: I'll use the table you made for me in our next thread. xD
Word Count:

It seemed as if the dark mal was concerned for his safety around Duke, as he should be. The horses were docile creature that had a temper and a big capacity for fear that mixed with the size of their muscles and hooves…just wasn’t a great combination. At least for someone who didn’t know what they were doing. She had seen a few canines get seriously injured by their equine companions because they didn’t know how to calm the situation or get control of the threat in time to stop the total freak out. Dixie also knew, and preached to anyone who actively wanted to learn about and possibly come to own a horse, that they must not be weak or prone to going crazy with injury. The big creatures could hurt someone while playing, let alone actually being mad. If said person couldn’t handle a little bit of pain, then they obviously didn’t have what it took to be a horse’s companion.

The girl watched as Thomas walked a little bit closer, his ears and eyes flicking around nervously. She had met her fair share of people who were terrified of anything bigger than they were, so she was used to this reaction by now. Smiling sweetly, she stuck her hand out towards him and gestured for him to come closer, trying to show that it was alright. ”He won’t hurt you, I won’t let him. Promise. Just come at him from the side, so he can see you, okay? And when you get close enough, place your palm on his neck and rub gently, so he can get used to your touch.” She rubbed the horse’s neck as a demonstration, watching as Duke sighed and relaxed further from the attention.

A small grin pulled her mouth up and she laughed lightly, looking down the trail again when he asked about Wayne and Gypsy. ”Well…the big girl was getting’ a bit ornery, didn’t want to do anythin’ that we asked her…she was bein’ a bit jumpy as well. So I gave her a little swat on the rump and apparently she wanted to run. Wayne is fine, he is probably havin’ a blast.” She shrugged and patted Duke a few more times and leaned against the big beast, watching the male as he cautiously got closer still. Her hand tightened around the stallion’s reins when he shifted uneasily, not so sure about the stranger approaching.

<style type="text/css">
.dixietres b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f392e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.dixietres .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.dixietres p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.dixietres {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c28c2e; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2dgukae.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#f5b950; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread