Pickle Juice
[html]

+3 OOC: So sorry it's so crappy and late Sad

How could such a young girl have such hard questions to answer. He had to contenplate on it, watching her as he thought of the right words.

“Sweetheart, sometimes adults do it becaue... their own parents do it. It's a circle. We don't always say one thing and mean another. I am sorry if I confused you.”

Her inquiry about the ferret made Shaw smile. He did love her interest in all subjects. It was like she was becoming a book, information seeping in her furry little body. She was a smart young girl and he loved her inquisitive attitude. He was proud of her, though he was proud of both of his little girls.

“The males tend to leave it to the females. Their lifestyle is much different than ours... I think they behave far better outside of groups than they would in one. They are clever, and mischievous. I believe it's the mother who teaches them as well as instinct.”

Her single word to his own question hit him like a ton of bricks. His own daughter had no sympathy, at least to that particular question. She wasn't looking at him, which was good as his jaw was set in a frown. He sighed, wondering what could bring such an answer to his daughter.

“Tell me than young question maker. What makes one's life not worth living? To be able to walk away from something as innocent and helpless?”

He was not angry. He was, shocked, and he had not expected such an answer from his own child. He would accept if she did not answer his question, but it was meant to make her think. It was a learning tool. A way to make her think about what she said and why she would do it. He couldn't shape his daughter into exactly what he wanted, but he could at least share good morals with the girl.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread