Don't Go Breaking My Heart
He grinned crookedly at her, stroking his fingers over hers. It was obvious how she felt, and he leaned down to whisper in her ear. "A little birdie told me, beautiful." Not that he knew her spirit guide was a bird. He would have still said it even if he had known, though. He smiled at her, his eyes warm. "As for respecting my elders, I've never done it before. Why start now?" He winked at her again, reaching his free hand up to toy with her hair.

Words weren't his strong point, but he wanted to talk to her anyways. His voices was soft and sincere when he spoke. "I can't stop thinking about you, Ayasha. When I look at the sky, all I see is your eyes. Everytime I close my eyes, I can see you standing there, your arms crossed, smiling at me. I'm happy to hear you say you like me...I like you too. I do."

The butterflies mocked him for his weakness, for admitting to mortal emotions. They whispered at him of the darkness that would befall him if he continued this line of thinking with her. He kissed her hand again, trying to ignore the butterflies for a while, trying to be normal for just a little while. If his father could whisper away the butterflies for mother, why couldn't he ignore them himself?

Messages In This Thread