Don't Go Breaking My Heart
((WC:3+))
She seemed to realize he needed the physical contact, and she continued to touch him. He leaned into her hand, closing his eyes and focusing on the warmth of her hand on his face. Her voice was soft and sweet, even if he didn't quite agree with what she was saying. She kissed him lightly, and his hands stilled, holding her gently. His golden eyes opened, looking down at her. He swallowed as she asked how she'd be able to help him. "Be patient with me." He swallowed again, a frown creasing his face. "I'm not always sure what I need, or if anyone can do it. Sometimes the butterflies are so... entrancing." His eyes went distant for a moment as he thought, then re-focused on her. "Sometimes what they say makes sense. They warned me about Lucifer, and how he would hurt my father. They warned me to be still or he'd do the same or worse to me. And they talk about flames, about purification."

He looked away from her again, with the sudden belief that if he looked into her eyes too long, she would be tainted by the evil that followed him. A sudden helpless anger rose in him, and he removed his arms from the slender female, holding them behind his back. He stepped away, his eyes on the ground, on her feet. He swallowed. "You should go. I don't want to hurt you, Ayasha." His voice was flat, devoid of emotion. His facial expression was wooden, his posture neutral.

He didn't lift his eyes, his body was refusing to respond to his commands. His heart ached as he tried to convince the femme he adored that he would bring nothing but harm to her life. He wanted nothing more than to bury his nose in her sweet fur again. Still, the young male was convinced he was no good for her, that only ill would befall her if he tried to pursue his affections for her. Then, of their own volition, his golden eyes slowly lifted to her sweet blue ones. His amber eyes, which had been warm and caring only moments ago were again cold and unfathomable, shadows swimming in the depths of his gaze.

Messages In This Thread