Don't Go Breaking My Heart
He gazed helplessly into her eyes, conflicted. "You should stay away from me, Ayasha." His protest was halfhearted, and when she wrapped her arms around him, he held her gently. He laid his head on top of hers, sighing softly in resignation. He'd never have someone unrelated to him care about him like this. Even his own father didn't seem to care, really. Or at least, he didn't bother to go looking for the boy. Liam pressed a kiss to the top of the Aniwayan's head.

He was glad in a way that she hadn't left, and in a way he felt guilty. Yet, she had chosen, of her own free will, to stay with him right then. He straightened, taking her hand and pulling gently towards his tree. "Follow me, I want to show you something." He had taken the time to slowly build a platform of boards brought from various places. It was his special place, besides the cubby under that porch. But the cubby was a secret place, the place where he hid when the shadow wolves were hunting him.

He gestured to the ladder with his free hand. "Climb up. It's safe. I promise." He grinned crookedly at her, even though his heart felt heavy. He could feel one of his dark episodes coming on. He had them sometimes, times when he felt low, when everything was still and silent. Then a day or so later, he'd be fine, better than fine even. Maybe the low times were the butterflies way of punishing him. He decided not to tell Ayasha anything else about the butterflies, that it would be safer for her -and him- if he didn't.

Messages In This Thread