Don't Go Breaking My Heart
((WC:3+))
She trusted him. She didn't know how much those words meant to him, the boy who couldn't ever even trust himself. He watched her climb up, then made his way up the ladder. She ran a finger over the butterfly and he felt a cold chill run down his spine. He tuned it out, watching her through his inscrutable golden gaze. "I'm sure its not that good," the male half teased her. He drew her to him, holding her gently, directing her to look up to the sky. The branches had been thinned just slightly so one could see the sky above.

"I like to lay here at night and watch the sky." Of course, the butterflies were louder at night too. He didn't mention that. He nuzzled the top of her head, then glanced back up at the sky. He spoke softly, almost afraid she'd tell him no, but more afraid she'd say yes. "Would you stay here with me tonight? I know it's not big enough to lay down, but I'd hold you..." He didn't look at her, his heart racing rapidly. He really wanted her to stay, but he didn't want her getting hurt, or getting in trouble for being gone too long.

His head was aching again. He reached his free hand into a pocket and pulled out a strip of willow bark and began chewing on it. Sometimes it helped his head to stop hurting. Today it helped a lot, as much as looking down at the slender white female he was holding and realizing she liked him for who he was and she wanted to be around him no matter how the butterflies made him act. That was a new feeling for the dirt hued male, to have someone care for him; He liked it. He liked it a lot.

Messages In This Thread