Returning Shepherd
[html]

sorry this sucks. -__- i'm not feeling so great at the moment. bleh.

Word Count → 469

Tawny was having a good time brushing the llamas, who were lying in a circle around her while grazing on what grass they could reach with their long necks. The smallest female, Lala, seemed to like the woman most, and was always close to her. Nothing different about this moment, she was laid out right behind the wolf, letting the new shepherd lean on her body as she brushed. A lot of the clumped fur was coming off in the horse brush, so she balled it up and set it aside, noting how soft it was against her palms. After a long while of brushing, she was getting ready to get up and see if there were any special treats in the barn that she could dole out to her new babies.

Suddenly Rama stood up and made a low grunting sound, her ears pinned and body shifting nervously. All of the other llamas got up quickly after that and turned to watch whatever was coming, a soft ‘humming’ noise traveling through all their throats. Tawny flicked her ears back and turned, grinning as Saul stood there looking supremely confused as he looked over the animals. Seeing that Rama was about to spit, she jumped forward and rubbed her hands over the female’s neck and shoulders, calming her down a bit. ”Shhh…shhhh…good g-girl.” She smiled and hugged the large female for a few moments before climbing over the fence and walking over to Saul.

The smile just wouldn’t leave her face, showing her happiness at being home with her new pets. When she got to the large male, she leaned against him and gave him a small hug before pulling away. ”They are…llamas.” Her body wriggled with excitement and she lifted herself to sit up on a part of the sturdy fence, kicking her feet back and forth. ”I went ex…exploring and found Bojangles…” The girl’s eyes filled with tears at the mention of the name and she shook her head sadly, wiping at her face. ”I th-think he is d-d-dead now.” Sniffling sadly, she sighed and looked at the ground. ”He had more llamas. All alone up there, so he gave me some to bring home. He was so old.”

She closed her eyes and turned her head, opening them to look at the llamas who were still alert and watching Saul. Lifting her hand, she started pointing and naming. ”Big dark female is Rama, the black and white male is puppy. That male is Jack, and the dusty girl is Daisy…then my little girl, Lala.”In the days that she had been gone, Tawny’s speech had gotten better; most likely because of her ability to talk to Bojangles without being nervous around him. ”Just…don’t get Rama or Puppy, okay? They are mean. Lala is the nicest.”

Table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.llamamama .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.llamamama p {padding:5px 5px; margin:5px; text-indent:35px;}
.llamamama b {color:#42423c; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.llamamama {background-color:#6d737e; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1y5mpf.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c8c8c3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:440px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;padding:5px 0px 280px 0px;}
.llamamama .inner {margin:0px 10px 300px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(); border-color:#42423c;}
.llamamama .wordcount {color:#42423c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #42423c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread