Resting in the Void
Lycan realised how cruel the world can be at times of most importance, that most wolves are left orphans with no family.
Zalen asked Lycan what he was planning to do in the future, Lycan looked down at the floor and thought. Lycan surprised himself, after he left his father, he could only think of surviving on his own. Lycan had never thought of what to do with his life, not because the thought had never crossed his mind, just that he didn't know. His father never taught him what to do with his life, whether to join a pack or find a den, or just live on what he could. Lycan began to worry, what if he never knew what path to choose? His eyes moved quickly around the floor, trying to think of a good answer to Zalen's question, then he realised that Zalen himself might be able to help.
"I-I don't know," Lycan said, embarrassed by his little intelligence.
It seemed Lycan was always making wrong decisions, whether to attack or run, whether to hunt or sleep, or which way to go. He was always wrong, only conflicting damage on himself for his stupidity. Lycan sighed deeply, hating himself wasn't going to help. Lycan looked up at Zalen, and smiled through the embarrassment of his following question, "Do you know what would be best for me to do?" he asked, hoping that if anything, Zalen could at least point Lycan in the right direction.

Messages In This Thread