How the mighty fall
[html]

Word Count 313:: Hope what I did here works for you!

As soon as the tied up wolf acknowledged his presence and need of assistance Zalen got to work. Unsheathing his sharpened claws to their full extent he sliced through the ropes like butter and grabbed the torso of the previously tied man before he fell into the dark waters below. He lifted him onto the dock beside him with a grunt, “You are slightly injured, run east into the city and I will draw them away from you. We will meet in the wooded outskirts and I will do my best to attend to you.” Zalen whispered these instructions quickly, there was no time now chat. Swiftly he moved away from the male and back down the dock and headed west.

He was a good twenty or so yards away from the encampment when the guards exited the tent and called out the alarm that their prisoner was gone. Before giving them a chance to figure out where their prize had headed Zalen let out three loud barks giving away his location. All three figures turned to look at him and start running his direction, swords drawn, but Zalen had already slipped into the shadows of the rubble.

Like a ghost he weaved in and out of twisted metal and concrete, the skeletal remains of the hume city loomed up next to him, then soon fell behind. He could no longer hear their steps behind him and he hoped they had lost his trail. Luckily for him he did not smell of other wolves but of the forest, and therefore would be harder to track. Soon he was outside the city limits, the forest loomed in front of him, tendrils of floral grabbed at breaking asphalt and then absorbed it. Zalen, nearly out of breath, entered into the first line of trees and listened intently for either his rescued friend or the guards.

<style type="text/css"> .z2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#454649; letter-spacing:1px; } .z2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #eaf3f7;} .z2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .z2 {margin:0px auto; width:408px; background-color:#6d717a; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread