How the mighty fall
As the stranger lifted him to the pier, Drizzt did a quick check of his equipment. All his armor was intact, and still on him. His combat knife as well. But his cloak was gone, likely ripped by one of the hunters. And his scimitars had been lost. He had an idea of where to find them, and looked up to tell the other wolf.

But the man had other ideas. Quickly leaving instructions for him to follow, he turned about and headed opposite the way Drizzt was supposed to go. The Russian tried to object, but his voice fell flat as he noticed the distance the man had put between them. He quickly turned about and headed closer to the camp and hid in the shadow of the restaurant, watching carefully. One of the hunters exited the first tent he had visited and walked down the pier. His cry of alarm was almost comical.

As the hunters and overseer headed over the examine the area, Drizzt bristled. The female had his scimitars strapped on to her own sword belt, with no sheaths. He prepared to rise and retrieve the lost blades when all of them froze to the sound of three loud barks. The assassin melted back to the shadows and watched the hunting party rush west. With a growl, he rose and swiftly chased after them. Dinnin had not bothered emerging from the building, and the man could only pray it stayed that way.

The group ran about a block before the overseer ordered them to disperse and search for him. Drizzt only hoped the man who rescued him had made it out of the city. He watched as two hunters stayed on the same street as the female, moving ahead down the road. The woman barked orders out, reminding the males the punishment of failure. And as the males searched diligently, the assassin moved in again, stretching out his fingers. As soon as he was within reaching distance, he wrapped his arm around her neck in choke hold, then spun his legs to the right and brought the woman flipping over his back. Right before she hit the ground he gave a hard jerk, leaving her gagging on the ground. He quickly gathered his blades and performed a coup de grace. Then he turned towards the two hunters on the street and ran towards them, catching the first by surprise with a blow to the neck, and the second with an angled low thrust that brought the blade to the other mans chest. Without looking back, the assassin ran with all speed to the outskirts of the city, then headed around to the east.

He took a little longer to arrive at the woods outside the city's eastern outskirts, his breathing slightly hitched. He sheathed his swords and looked around, searching for the man who had saved him. Drizzt didn't hear the guards anywhere nearby, but found his rescuer in a dark patch of shadows. The man had no doubt noticed him by now, and so Drizzt walked over to him without worry.

"I don't know who you are stranger, but it looks like I owe you one. Ai recunostinta mea nemuritor." He said, bowing slightly. "My name is Drizzt. And what you saw back there, is the reason I've come to this land."

Messages In This Thread