Shallow
ooc: Ok to end here? He can follow her if you have ideas to keep going. 300+

ic:

She knew what he was about to ask her but thankfully he dropped his question, and she let it go. He was right, she would tell him if she felt like it, and right now she certainly didn't feel like it. Would she ever want to tell anyone that secret? Maybe. Probably not.

“Yes!” she yipped as though she hadn't noticed him about to ask her the question. It was like she hadn't been yelling at him just a second before. In one big leap she was in front of him, landing her small wolfish body against his. He would either catch her or she'd topple to the ground, it didn't matter. Her tail wagged furiously now as all the things she ever imagined about heroes and knights and crime fighting pairs flew through her thoughts.

“We'll have to work some things out, but we can do it...” the wheels were turning. She was already coming up with scenarios, ideas, plans. “The biggest one is who will watch the girls when we're busy. I hate to leave them behind, but they're finally getting to the point where they're sick of me. You know what Juliet said to me the other day? 'I'm not a puppy anymore.'” She giggled. “Can you believe that? Anyway, it would be good for them to have time with the others. I think they like Bangle, and he teaches them things.”

She twisted her body, rolling away from him and then popping up to her paws again. “I'm going to go talk to Skye. I don't want to take any more risks like we did. I'm going to tell her about this, so she'll expect us to ask her for these duties when things come up.” She began to bound away, but just before she disappeared between a pair of trees she stopped and turned back to him. “Hey, by the way, would you mind relieving Bangle? I haven't gotten the girls yet. Four pups for an entire day, he's probably dying. Well, it's Bangle, so they're probably dying.” And with that, she was gone.

Messages In This Thread