Follow Me Down
[html]

(318)
i am terribad :\

The corpse snagged on a branch, and Myrika turned her head back toward the child inquisitively, curiosity twinkling in her eyes. She was not disgusted by the sight; she had seen such things before -- it was inevitable in the wilderness, after all. The child spoke, and Myrika turned back toward the corpse, assuming this to be Mister Squishy. The hybrid cocked her head and leaned forward, picking up the throughly sodden bird by its leg. Part of the bone was exposed, and upon depositing the soaked corpse at the puppy's feet, she dipped her hand back in the stream, turning her head toward the girl to speak.

I like your idea of a toy. Would you like a new one? You don't have to get rid of that one, but I'll make you another. Myri knew she was not capable of crafting something of extremely fine caliber; even so, she could stitch together some skins and stuff it with some straw. It wouldn't be terribly fancy, but perhaps the little girl would enjoy a toy that was not a rotting corpse. Myrika didn't want to appear to take the corpse toy away, however, so she left it open as to whether the girl would abandon the old in favor of the new.

I'm Myrika Tears. I just joined Inferni. Who are you? she asked, smiling. This girl was so young and so cute -- there was just no way she could act as the children of Myrika's youth had. The tawny hybrid leaned back on her haunches and settled to the ground, tucking her tail to the side of her leg. She wondered how old this girl was, and if there were more children in the pack. They were generally worse in groups, Myrika thought. Individually, the Thornloe kids hadn't been that bad -- all together, it was an entirely different matter.

<style>
#sieSimple {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px; }
#sieSimple p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#sieSimple .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}
#sieSimple b { letter-spacing:.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sieSimple u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sieSimple b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple hr { width:85%; margin: 10px auto; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread