[j] keep the earth below my feet
[html]

Big Grin

Word Count → 260

The female waited in silence, hands still clutching her bag and brownish-gold eyes searching for any signs of movement. She thought back to the night she left, realizing that her wish to live on her own could be fulfilled on this very night. A pang of guilt struck her as she recalled her father's warning, which she had directly disobeyed. She wasn't the only one to have "escaped" the traveling life, he had said, but the last wolf to do so was cursed by the pack's spiritual leader. Or so her father said. Vimala didn't know if that was just a story told to frighten children into good behavior, or if there was really something to it.

She did not have much time to consider this, however, as her call was soon answered. Her eyes fell upon an approaching wolf, a male, on all fours. For a moment she wondered if she had stumbled upon the territory of non-Luperci, but judging by the stranger's lack of reaction to her two-legged form, Vimala was able to put that worry out of her mind. She was greeted with a small bow of the head, which she returned out of courtesy before listening to the unfamiliar wolf speak.

"Hello Saul Stormbringer," she replied in her soft tone. "I am Vimala Misra. I have traveled the lands in search of a packland to call home." The pack member's friendly behavior relaxed her, and she was able to stop fiddling with the straps of her bag, slinging it over her shoulder into its usual position.

Image courtesy of dexxus@Flickr; table template by the Mentors!
Template modified by Silver!

<style>
.vi-todarkness .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.vi-todarkness p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.vi-todarkness b {color:#8686CF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.vi-todarkness {background-color:#0f0b40; background-image:url(http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss10 ... stable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.vi-todarkness .inner {margin:0px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.vi-todarkness .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #072530; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread