[j] keep the earth below my feet
[html]

herpaderp

Word Count → 332

Vimala had considered shifting to her four-legged form upon seeing that Saul was in such a state, but before she could do so, the Ichikan himself shifted, so that she would now have to look up to see his face. She refrained from that, though; she knew to be submissive to strangers no matter how friendly they seemed. It struck her that this was the first time in quite a while that she had even seen an unfamiliar wolf.

He announced that he was going to ask her some questions, and she gave an understanding nod. She had not expected to be accepted right away, without being asked about herself. As she had learned from her own family and pack, everyone needed to have something to contribute.

Admittedly, being asked about crimes was not the kind of question she had anticipated, but thankfully she was able to give him a good answer. "No, I have not," she replied. Perhaps the only crime she had committed was disobeying her family's orders and escaping from them, but she was pretty sure that Saul was talking about more serious issues.

Then came the subject of her family and how she got here. Vimala hesitated for a moment, making sure she could put the story together in her head in a way that wouldn't cause her to talk Saul's head off. "I was born into a pack of nomads," she began, "Who have traveled the world for many years. The life of such a traveler is difficult. Though it was against my family's wishes, I have left the pack in search of a place where I can lead a more relaxed life, while still being able to contribute and help others." Hopefully that would be a good enough response; she was unsure of what kinds of standards the other held for explanations of one's history. Judging from his friendly demeanor, though, she was already beginning to gain a sense of a laid-back atmosphere around the place.

Image courtesy of dexxus@Flickr; table template by the Mentors!
Template modified by Silver!

<style>
.vi-todarkness .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.vi-todarkness p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.vi-todarkness b {color:#8686CF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.vi-todarkness {background-color:#0f0b40; background-image:url(http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss10 ... stable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.vi-todarkness .inner {margin:0px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.vi-todarkness .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #072530; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread